Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication

Thread: WTS-35 Remington SR Mauser Barrel, Brass, and Lee Dies

Boolit Buddy

WTS-35 Remington SR Mauser Barrel, Brass, and Lee Dies

PayPal F&F (preferred) or USPS Money Orders only for payment.

Either "I'll take it" on the ad or send me a PM if you want something.

The person that takes the barrel has first option on any of the brass and Lee dies.

Prices do not include shipping, normally I use USPS priority.

1) SR Mauser sporter barrel chambered in 35 Remington. This barrel is over 20 years old, I bought a rifle that had this on it. The parkerized finish got wet and there is some surface rust on it, it will need to be refinished. The funky muzzle brake was on it already. The barrel is .641" diameter just in front of the muzzle brake. The shank in front of the tenon threads is 1.243" for almost 2.25".

The barrel was probably button rifled. Its has six lands. I know Midwayusa had Adams and Bennett barrels back then, I'm not sure if Brownell's had Shilen barrels. I don't know which it is. It has tool marks from the chamber to the muzzle, they have been partially ironed/worn away from the shooting I have done. I didn't keep track of the round count, I think it's less than 500 since I sold most of my .358" bullets here, and only fired my odd lots of less than 100 through it.

$100 plus shipping, it weighs 3.5# without packaging.

2) 100 ea R-P 35 Rem brass multiple fired, I checked several with a hook looking for cracks near the case head and didn't find any. I know I've annealed them at least twice, but may have fired them as many as 12-15 times between two rifles. $10 plus USPS priority shipping.

3) 110 ea WW Super 35 Rem brass multiple fired, I checked several with a hook looking for cracks near the case head and didn't find any. I know I've annealed them at least twice, but may have fired them as many as 12-15 times between two rifles. $10 plus USPS priority shipping.

4) 20 ea WW Super 35 Rem brass multiple fired, I checked several with a hook looking for cracks near the case head and didn't find any. I know I've annealed them at least twice, but may have fired them as many as 12-15 times between two rifles. These came from a box of old Super Speed, with crimped primers. Free with one of the above, plus USPS priority shipping.

5) 160 each New 35 Remington brass, WW Super headstamp, weight sorted, primer pockets squared and flashholes deburred. $70 plus USPS priority shipping.

6) 160 each New 35 Remington brass, WW Super headstamp, weight sorted, primer pockets squared and flashholes deburred. $70 plus USPS priority shipping.

5) & 6) came from the same box of 500.

7) Lee 35 Remington 4 die set--FL sizer, collet neck sizer, dead length seater, and factory crimp dies. $35 plus USPS priority shipping.

I can combine multiple items on 2) through 7) to save on shipping.

Banned

Is that muzzle break threaded on? Any idea of the twist rate?

Boolit Buddy
    There is an undercut on the inside of the brake which would indicate that it's threaded. I didn't have a bushing for the barrel diameter, so I never attempted to twist it off. There is no indication of a weld either outside or inside.

I tried the cleaning rod method of twist measurement with a 357 cleaning brush, it's all I had. I came up with either 13.5" or 14".

Boolit Buddy
    Bump.

Boolit Buddy

I'd like to buy this barrel if the bore is good!
    Semper Fidelis, to God, Country and Corps!

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry I missed your post Prodigal Son, I can bore scope it again later today and get back to you via PM.