Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you actually out of reloading components or ammo?

Moderator Emeritus

Due to a recent canoe accident, all my firearms and reloading supplies are at the bottom of the Buffalo Creek or floated downstream? happened near the Eastern draw by the confluence with the Crow river. I figure that is Defcon 1.1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

I'm running around a D5. I have my "Just in case ammo" for 45 ACP (900-1,000 rounds), 9mm (800-900 rounds), and about 2,500 rounds for my battle rifles, and an assortment of other reloads in a few calibers. I am running low on LP primers, down to 1 brick, but I ave about 300 primed cases for my 45 ACP, and maybe 180, 9mm and a bunch of assorted calibers waiting for a powder charge and bullets seated...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Due to a recent canoe accident, all my firearms and reloading supplies are at the bottom of the Buffalo Creek or floated downstream?
    That must be a massive canoe or a small collection

Boolit Mold
    I’m sitting 4.5-5. I got caught in the last panic buying and decided to not let it happen again. When primers were selling at the great prices I stocked up heavily same with factory ammo. My biggest thing at this point is lead, because you never have enough lead

I'm fine on powder, mostly fine on primers but I need more SPP and LPP. I don't have what is considered lots of loaded ammo. I've been working with just 200 pieces of 44 magnum brass, and a batch of just 120+ 357 magnum brass. I have some other 357 brass but not enough to make a batch of 100 in any headstamp. I have some used 30-06 brass I've been using, until I can acquire some that is once fired, or known fired. I hate using rifle brass of unknown loadings. Mostly I'm okay though.

Moderator Emeritus

Was at Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday in Altoona, PA. Stopped on way to girlfriend's place to move her in with me. They had CCI pistol primers along with large pistol primers and some powder. All with a limit of one box or container. Grabbed a brick of CCI and powder just because.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Was at Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday in Altoona, PA. Stopped on way to girlfriend's place to move her in with me. They had CCI pistol primers along with large pistol primers and some powder. All with a limit of one box or container. Grabbed a brick of CCI and powder just because.
    You're not too far from the in-laws. They are in Huntingdon. Wish the FIL was into reloading or even just guns...

Boolit Buddy

Are you actually out of reloading components or ammo?

DEFCON 3 ....out of SPP, danger low on SRP. I have ammo but my local IDPA and 3 gun started having local matches again. Since they started back up ammo supply is going to disappear fast. Blew through 500 rounds this week getting ready for the Saturday IDPA match.

I'm at Defcon 6 but feel like I am Defcon 0.

What can I say?

I'm at Defcon 6, My grand kids will be using my reloading supplies long after Im gone.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by fivegunner View Post
    Defcon 7, All I am going to say.
    lol

can't tell us any more?

Boolit Master

It's funny how differently people view they supplies. Some people would say they are well set with 3K of primers. Others feel understocked with 20K. I need to do a count. I think I'm at around 35-40K. I started reloading 2 months before Sand Hook and I vowed to never put myself in the situation I saw so many others in. It was also what spurred me in part to start casting and join here. Not to be a downer, but it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better fellas.

Boolit Master
    I don't think I can get beyond 4.5, seems I always have some empty cases or a new rifle or a new handgun or getting ready for a hunting season or some reason that I should be loading something (I proably really at a a 5.5)

Boolit Grand Master

I will never run out of powder , primers and wheel weights in my lifetime ...
    Unfortunately my children will not inherit cash money ...just powder , primers and wheel weights !
    I hope the market is good when you get them...you knew the old man wasn't right in the head didn't you !
    Sorry kids
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master
    No worries here.
    Boy Scout Motto of old. "Be Prepared."
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master

Deacon 6 I've got more then I need or could use, I'll just keep making ammo for the kidos. I have the time and every thing needed.
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 07-31-2020 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Window's spell check thingy messed up the post
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Well stocked for now. But you have to wonder how many months it will be before we see plenty of primers again. You also have to wonder given the current political realities if we are going down the tubes once and for all. Not able to see much light at the end of the tunnel.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Buddy
    5.5 ... could use so more powder

I was fine and then I decided it would be fun to get an upper that would be Colorado legal for big game (mostly deer). One 350 Legend upper later and I am scrounging for brass, bullets, ammo, dies, and realizing that I only have a pound of one powder that has a published load for the caliber. This won't be a high volume shooter for me, but you can bet i was searching the grass for every single piece of grass when I tried it out this morning.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast