Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: LGS stocked!

Boolit Buddy

LGS stocked!

On a whim I decided to run up to my local gun store. I really wasn’t expecting anything at all but I had some time to kill.
    First floor entrance had an employee there enforcing masks, checking temps, and directing traffic. I have no issue at all with this as at least 2 local small businesses were forced to close due to not enforcing the current laws.
    Apparently the gun floor needed traffic direction. I wasn’t looking at guns so went up to the ammo and reloading floor.

I was pleasantly surprised to see pounds and pounds of powder!
    Prices were randomly high. Some decent. Some outrageous.

I walked out with all 3 of the available pounds of Herco.

I didn’t need primers so didn’t go ask for any. They’re for some reason kept behind the counter on the gun floor. But the guy out front did say they were only out of small pistol. Everything else was in stock.

If you find yourself in Norfolk and hurting for something maybe check out Bob’s.

Moderator Emeritus

For some reason entering a gun shop wearing a mask never seemed like a good idea.
    grit yer teeth an pull the trigger

Boolit Master
    Our local place that carried reloading supplies is at about $35.00 a pound for powder. For 2 pounds, it is cheaper to buy online.

Their prices on all firearms are higher than most but they have a better stock of them.

With recent family additions, I need to stay away from gun stores.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    Our local place that carried reloading supplies is at about $35.00 a pound for powder. For 2 pounds, it is cheaper to buy online.

Their prices on all firearms are higher than most but they have a better stock of them.

With recent family additions, I need to stay away from gun stores.
    The Alliant powders were reasonable for a walk-in business. Hodgdon and IMR were same ballpark as yours. The only cheap Hodgdon powders were 700X and 800X at only $20.00.

I'm glad I didn't look at the guns cuz I'm sure they were through the roof.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gon2shoot View Post
    For some reason entering a gun shop wearing a mask never seemed like a good idea.
    I had that thought when I went to the bank the other day.

Whodathunkit? I never pictured myself going to make a withdrawal wearing a mask and a gun.........

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverhome View Post
    On a whim I decided to run up to my local gun store. I really wasn’t expecting anything at all but I had some time to kill.
    First floor entrance had an employee there enforcing masks, checking temps, and directing traffic. I have no issue at all with this as at least 2 local small businesses were forced to close due to not enforcing the current laws.
    so you don't mind being stopped by some stranger and having a gun pointed at your head? are you going to wear a yellow star and get on the train when some 17 year old girl in a uniform orders you to? my grandfather spent a year of his life killing those kind of people, and then two years repatriating the people they ordered onto the trains to the labor camps and death camps.

he never spoke about it. how could he?

the current moment is the top of a very slippery slope.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
    so you don't mind being stopped by some stranger and having a gun pointed at your head? are you going to wear a yellow star and get on the train when some 17 year old girl in a uniform orders you to? my grandfather spent a year of his life killing those kind of people, and then two years repatriating the people they ordered onto the trains to the labor camps and death camps.

he never spoke about it. how could he?

the current moment is the top of a very slippery slope.
    Pretty extreme parallel.

I made a CHOICE to enter a private establishment. They, as a business, have the right to deny service to just about anyone they want. My choice was simple. Comply or go home.

In this case it's no different from "no shirt, no shoes, no service"

You drawing a parallel to the Holocaust and all your grandfather fought for does him a disservice and trivializes all the Jewish people went through. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Banned

Just stopped at a place in Claremore Ok and they had everything. And at pre panic prices. I picked up a brick of 22rf, 1lb of imr4895, and a 1K brick of SP primers.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Just stopped at a place in Claremore Ok and they had everything. And at pre panic prices. I picked up a brick of 22rf, 1lb of imr4895, and a 1K brick of SP primers.
    Nice score!

Oh I forgot, this place had literally two 3 foot tall pallets of 22 lr. I didn’t need any so didn’t bother.

Here in Central NYS, finding a lgs is the first hurdle. Then if they actually have anything is another story. I envy you guys that still have good old fashioned gun shops around.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Neverhome View Post

I made a CHOICE to enter a private establishment. They, as a business, have the right to deny service to just about anyone they want.

Tell that to the couple refusing to make a cake for a homosexual 'wedding' in Colorado.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
    Tell that to the couple refusing to make a cake for a homosexual 'wedding' in Colorado.
    To be fair, I did say "just about anyone"