Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please. What is the best way to ship LEE Reloading dies in Cylinder packaging?

Boolit Bub

Help Please. What is the best way to ship LEE Reloading dies in Cylinder packaging?

The Lee dies sets in cylinder container will usually weigh 2 pounds for shipping. Regular dies in flat boxes can be shipped in the $8.00 SPRB. How do you guys handle shipping the cylinder type containers to buyers? I have a few to sell, but the shipping will be almost as much as what the dies are worth. Thanks in Advance.

Well, I don’t think you can get any better rates from what you apparently found. Looks like the real cost will need to include the cost of shipping. That’s the nature of the business sometimes
    Ready, fire, AIM!

Boolit Buddy

/Ship the dies and throw the plastic PITA round non-stackable *** in the trash.

Boolit Grand Master

It really depends on how far you need to ship. The P.O. does have a flat rate bubble envelope even though they don't usually carry them in the P.O. itself. You can order them on line for free. Of coarse even though it is bubble envelop you risk the chance it may get broken but dies should be fine. You could also give the buyer the option to ship without the container.

I like mine. I use a turret press and the whole turret, dies and all fit in it.
    Aim small, miss small!

Banned

I just shipped 3-12 ounce 5x5x5 box to MN USPS priority 10.45$

From Georgian

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

If possible, Regional Flat Rate A box.

Also, if not already, sign up on pirateship.com. You get the best postal rates and there is no fee or any gimicks. I use it for everything (except eBay sales) and my wife uses it for her home business.

Vendor Sponsor

Flat- Rate Priority Padded 8.5 x 11" envelope costs $8.40 to ship anywhere in the USA and one, maybe even 2, will fit in that mailer. You can order them for free off the USPS.COM website and mailman will bring to your door. Then prepay postage and mailman will pickup from your house...

Easy to deal with them that way.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

And if you sell on Evilbay, you can edit labels to get a discount on postage purchases. Shhhhhh!
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnman31 View Post
    If possible, Regional Flat Rate A box.

Also, if not already, sign up on pirateship.com. You get the best postal rates and there is no fee or any gimicks. I use it for everything (except eBay sales) and my wife uses it for her home business.
    Ditto on this. You can ship up to 15 lbs in a Regional "A" box which is cheaper than a medium flat rate if you don't need to ship particularly heavy items. It's often $8-10, depending on distance.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwozdz View Post
    The Lee dies sets in cylinder container will usually weigh 2 pounds for shipping. Regular dies in flat boxes can be shipped in the $8.00 SPRB. How do you guys handle shipping the cylinder type containers to buyers? I have a few to sell, but the shipping will be almost as much as what the dies are worth. Thanks in Advance.
    USPS flat rate is NOT always the cheapest way. Quite often the regular rates will be cheaper.

Boolit Bub
    If you put it in a box just big enough to hold the round cylinder, then you can stick that box in a padded flat rate envelope. The padded envelope is only $.10 more than a small flat rate box.

Oddly enough, the padded envelope will also hold 2 small flat rate boxes taped to each other. This is where I will save old boxes and then use them to pack new stuff in and ship in a padded envelope.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    USPS flat rate is NOT always the cheapest way. Quite often the regular rates will be cheaper.
    ↑↑↑↑↑ this ↑↑↑↑ check regional first

Price it both ways + shipping and let them decide
    Last edited by Conditor22; 07-29-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Boolit Bub

How about round shipping tubes of the proper diameter? Still to costly?

Boolit Bub
    If you use the flat rate bubble envelope, chances are it will get smashed in transit

Banned

I have recently sold a .224 bullet sizing die in the round box. I put it in a box I had on hand from something I received, it fit in the box with a bit of bubble wrap and I think it was right near the same as a small flat rate box when I shipped first class.
    I have taken pieces of cardboard in the past and "built" my own box around the item I was shipping and it has always been accepted by the PO.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SOFMatchstaff View Post
    /Ship the dies and throw the plastic PITA round non-stackable *** in the trash.
    Please don’t do this. The round cases are desirable to people that have Lee turret presses. It would make more sense to ship the dies in a SFRB and sell a bunch of the round cases as a lot in a MFRB.

I have turrets setup for everything I load

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I have shipped them in flat rate padded envelope. Personally, I hate the Lee cylinder die holders. When I have purchased used sets in them, I usually request the seller just ship me the dies alone in a SFRB. (I have enough die boxes that easily stack to store the dies in). The flat rate padded envelopes are good for bother odd shapes as well.

Boolit Master
    Throw the cylinders away and stuff the dies in a SFRB. I've thrown away every one of those stupid cylinders that crossed my threshold. Not one of Lee's better ideas.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    If you use the flat rate bubble envelope, chances are it will get smashed in transit
    It all depends on what you're shipping. I use them for brass that won't fit in a SFR box while using a MFR box would be overkill, as well as other things.

Boolit Grand Master

Give buyer the option of what he wants. he can cover the extra shipping fee if needed.
    Aim small, miss small!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast