RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Buying a cat...

Boolit Master
    Fiance and I's first date was adopting a cat for her. He has since been a wonderful addition to the family. Never been a cat guy, my family animal is an English Bulldog. They don't exactly get along, but they tolerate each other. Love them both. Spent what I had saved for a down payment on a used Corvette to save the fat cat a couple of years ago. Worth it to see the wife happy and to have him snuggle on me. Just love other lives and keep them going if you can. At times, they will keep you going.

Boolit Grand Master

Any pictures of your cat? Love pet pictures.

Boolit Master

Kudos to you for saving Mittens. My calico, Molly, was found living in the parking lot of a fast food burger joint 8 years ago as a very young cat. She goes everywhere with me now! Post your gfm info & I’ll help out!

Boolit Master

She would have been cheap at 1/2 the price...........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master
    I called the vet yesterday and was able to bring her home. We have to keep her as inactive as possible but as soon as she sees people, she is meowing and attacking them with head butts. She adores people. Hope that this picture loads. You can see the outer puncture on her leg.

ETA... She has an appointment at the University of Tennessee Center for Veterinary Medicine at 9:00 AM tentatively for a stackpin fixation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200730_070153864.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	265472

I greatly appreciate everyone's generous nature.
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/mitten-kitty-vet-bill-fund

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for taking care of one of God's creatures. Has your granddaughter seen the live Mittens?

Moderator Emeritus

Nice of you to save her! Keep us updated!

Boolit Master

Such a cute kitty. My youngest adopts stray kittens, they end up in the house. I did put my foot down at the last one, made 7 of various ages from about 8 years to 9 months. We have this old stray that lives on our porch and roams with the kids when they walk, hangs out a little bit at every house that will feed him. He was an inside cat, loves to sneak in and cuddle the kids when he can get away with it. He is a huge tom that catsnap fixed for us, I guess he is about 9 years old and starting to look rough, but still a good cat.

Boolit Grand Master

ATTABOY !!!

Your story makes me feel better .
    The neighbor's son's cat was rarely fed , came over to our house to eat whatever food our two cats left , he had gotten sick and they didn't seem interested in running up a vet bill .... I just couldn't stand there and watch the poor thing die a slow death on my back porch ...
    So dumb old me blow's $300.00 on the vet bill to get the cat well ...
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that !
    Gary
    The rest of the story ... After recovering the neighbor's cat moved in with us ... the son got a new girlfriend and lost interest in that ...kitty !
    Last edited by gwpercle; 07-30-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    I called the vet yesterday and was able to bring her home. We have to keep her as inactive as possible but as soon as she sees people, she is meowing and attacking them with head butts. She adores people. Hope that this picture loads. You can see the outer puncture on her leg.

ETA... She has an appointment at the University of Tennessee Center for Veterinary Medicine at 9:00 AM tentatively for a stackpin fixation.

Name:	IMG_20200730_070153864.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	265472

I greatly appreciate everyone's generous nature.
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/mitten-kitty-vet-bill-fund
    Beatiful little kitten. Always nice when they are real friendly like that too. Looks like you have a friend for life.

Boolit Master
    Well, we made the 90 mile trek to Knoxville this morning. My son, James, was kind enough to go with me on his day off. Mitten Kitty, AKA Mittens, was hungry and let us know but settled in for the trip and was very well behaved. We got her checked in and waited for the staff to do an assessment before getting back to us.
    The break was very bad and an uphill climb but certainly worth trying. When they did the neurological assessment, they found no pain response in the foot or leg and no reflex action. With as severe of a injury as she had sustained, they said that there was a very high likelihood that nerves had been damaged and that there would be no recovery from them. Their advised course of action was to amputate which is what they did in surgery around noon our time.
    Although the outcome wasn't what we had hoped to achieve, she did get the best care in the entire region. I spoke with the doctor about half an hour ago and he said that when they went in, they found that the sciatic nerve had been hit by the initial punctures and it reaffirmed their diagnosis.
    She is a young cat and really still a kitten. In a few weeks, it will be hard to keep her down and I am sure that she will devil our other cats to no end.
    We will go get her tomorrow and she will wear a cone of shame for a week and we have to watch for infections. It will be a good time to let our 1 cats get used to another presence in the house too.

To all that have passed along the GoFundMe link or chipped in some money to help, all I can say is that my wife and I are very grateful. With the world these days, we all need a bright spot here or there.
    John and Beth

Boolit Master
    To add....

A couple of years ago, a dog got into one of our chicken runs and killed 20 laying hens. Loose dogs are not tolerated here. They day that Mitten Kitty was attacked,we also had a hen who likes to get out and follow my wife around also lost feathers.

In the chicken community, there is a thing called the 3 S's
    Shoot...
    Shovel...
    Shut up...

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear she will be a tripod tuxedo but glad she gets the chance to amaze everyone with her adaptability! Please keep us updated, we like upbeat stories.
    Our youngest lived at the gun club, until one day when my wife and son found he was too sick to move. A trip to the vet and 600 or so later we were all so attached he came to live with us. Guys at the club always ask about him and I show them pictures of “his fatness” living the hi life! He came away from one fight with a coyote at the club with only some cuts, when first home with us and feeling his oats he was staring down a grown bob cat at our driveway! When I crashed out the door and the bob cat took off, you should have seen him strut back to the house! Knowing he considers himself such a Chuck Norris, we keep him in at night. He is a 20 pound lap cat now! He loves his people, and our other furry kids accept him. Our other Tom is a Tux like mittens, pretty mischievous and very loving. Mittens will be a joy!
    Last edited by rking22; 07-31-2020 at 03:45 PM.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    I'm glad your cat is in best of care, the folks at UTK are super, I know when I had to go to the med center there everything was about the best there is.

Bakerjw. Sir,do you have a paypal account or any other way safe for me to donate to kitty`s care?

We're a pet family. My wife spent many years as a vet tech. I can say with certainty, cats (and dogs) that have had a leg amputated do very well and are usually pretty much fully-functional, especially if they had the amputation when they were young.

Kudos to you for taking in the cat and best of luck with her.

Boolit Master

We only have 7 cats, a dog, 3 chickens, a rat, and a goldfish my son won at the fair 7 years ago. I think that goldfish may outlive me. Here is a pic of my own version of your cat. She likes to bug me when I do leatherwork or sit at the computer. Please post your Go Fund Me link.

Name:	socks.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	265558

Boolit Master

Name:	D68C1D30-989C-4D71-93AD-970635F630BC.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	265560

Our tuxedo, Murf, he came to us from the Walmart parking lot. The tuxedos are full of personality and seem to love their humans.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Grand Master

Donation sent. Would love to see Mittens recover fully and live life fully.

Had a neighborhood dog I always called Tripod. Had lost one of its front legs somehow. You’d never known it as he was always running around. I imagine mittens will adapt similarly

Boolit Master
    We always had a couple cats here. One went out one night and never came home. The other was a feral cat who stayed inside and occasionally would let me pet her. Well she got a taste of the nightlife and spent two weeks out on her own,then came back with her boyfriend now named Romeo. Then another female showed up and got preganant and had 6 kittens. She lost 3 to critters and they started having their own litters. Last one litter we found home for 4 of the 5 she had. Now another litter mate had two that we know of and one died and the last one may go to a good home. For awhile we were knee deep in cats and was kinda hard to figure out who belonged to who. Feed and water out each day. My pit bull has a buddy and they go nose to nose like they were old buddies. He ignores the rest and they ignore him. Frank

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast