Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataPBcastco
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Traded for a new to me 45/70 1895 CB today.

Boolit Master

Traded for a new to me 45/70 1895 CB today.

Well I got it from a guy on here, and it is a nice one. The Remlin Gremlins were not around when this one was made. I looked it over from head to toe, and I could not find a flaw. The wood to metal fit was great, and all the metal joints were perfect. The octagonal barrel has some of the best polishing/bluing i have ever seen on a Marlin. The reciever was a little flat in shine, but even all the way around. Works slick also. The previous owner had removed the rear sight and put in a filler, and added a William sight on the top of the barrel. The first shot out of the barrel hit a pop can off of a rest, at 120 yds, next 2 kept it jumping around about 10ft at each shot. I am going to like it, I traded another gun in on it, and feel no remorse.

Boolit Buddy
    Sam Koger, one of my favorite people! Sounds like an excellent trade for sure. I always like to hear the good guys win one!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

And the fun is just starting. A friend of mine has that same gun, I like my 22” sporter with pistol grip and 2/3 magazine. It appears your also has the shotgun buttplate which is a big plus with recoil. Wonderful castbullet shooters. Currently my fun 100-200 yard range plinking load is a 350 gr. Cast Bullet at 1300 FPS with unique powder. Cheap, fun, accurate and easy on the shoulder. Even so, I use a leather laced on recoil pad for more ease on the shoulder. Congrats. Oh, everyone likes shooting my rifle, you will probably run into the same situation.

Boolit Master
    SMKUMMER, I am shooting the same load as you.

Quote Originally Posted by koger View Post
    SMKUMMER, I am shooting the same load as you.
    Great minds think alike!

Boolit Master

I shoot the 330 Gould out of mine at about the same speed. Mine shoots straight as I can shoot it.

Boolit Master
    T Bird I have a bunch of the same bullets, some sized and lubed, some PC to try also.

Boolit Grand Master

I’ve not had any issues with my recent “Remlins”. My 1894 special edition in 45 Colt is a fantastic example of what they can turn out. Glad you got a good one as well.

The only area I can nitpick on the new CB models I’ve seen is the octagonal flats are a bit rounded and not “sharp” like I like. Didn’t stop me from buying a CBA model though!

Boolit Bub
    I just recently bought a made in May 2019 Marlin CBA. It's the 1505" barrel version of of your gun. Fit and finish is very nice. I installed a RPP loading gate and skinner sights and did some internal polishing. Just ran my 200th round through it yesterday. I absolutely love this gun! I'm shooting 300 grain Meister cast bullets and my own 405 cast. Also installed a slip on Kick Ezz pad for recoil management Anytime you pull the trigger on a 6 lb 6 oz gun in 45-70 you know it goes off regardless of the load. I could shoot this gun all day long