Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data PBcastco

Thread: Henry 327 fed

Boolit Master

Henry 327 fed

Anybody have one? I'm considering grabbing one but heard about early problems with feeding.

Boolit Master
    I've been interested in that gun since it came out but have not gotten one. Then I come back to to the expense of new brass, dies, molds, them I would need a Ruger wheel gun to go along with it and I've got long guns in 357 mag that shoots great and 25-20. I guess if money were no object I'd get into 327 fed mag. I got the bbs in 41 mag when they first came out but don't use it much because my marlin 1894 fg handles so much better, its lighter, sleeker and much smoother operating.

Boolit Mold
    I haven't found a rifle yet, but carry a lcrx in .327

Boolit Master

I got one when they first came out....... Sent it back twice for failure to fire. Still does about once every tube full. That's a ton better than every third round which is where it started. Mine never had a hiccup feeding wise even with .32 Longs. It's accurate, like all touching at fifty yards accurate with 32 H&R mag. Never fired a .327 round out of it. I have really tried to like this rifle but I just can't seem to make it happen, it's heavy, feels clunky, aesthetically it's marginal, especially the thick rubber recoil pad. It's the only game in town if you are wanting a .32 lever unless you stumble into a Marlin, so like me, you might have to accept a couple self perceived foibles.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Banned
    SP101 here.
    Will definitely be looking at the .327 Henry for my next purchase, it just makes sense from the reloading perspective when comparing against .22 Mag...of which the .327FM shares the usage niche.
    R/Griff

Ok; I'll ask. What does a Colt Potato Digger being fired from Pachyback have to do with a Henry lever action .327???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Banned

Henry 327 fed

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Ok; I'll ask. What does a Colt Potato Digger being fired from Pachyback have to do with a Henry lever action .327???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Niche firearm!

Boolit Master

I know that's right. Meanwhile I want a .327 lever, too...........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Grand Master

I've heard complaints about weight, or looks, finish, etc. I have no idea what they are comparing to though. I forget exactly what mine weights, but it is something like 6 pounds 8 ounces empty, looks great, finish is perfect, wood fits perfect. I can't possibly imagine what more you could want. Mine was reliable right out of the box. I fired 32 s&w long, not sure about 32 h&r (likely I did), and I fired plenty of 327 federal without a hitch. Max cartridge OAL is limited to 1.530" is the only downfall. It shoots very good, I love the loading tube. Screw the loading gate, my fingers were always way too big for them.

Boolit Man
    I acquired my 16" .327 Fed Mag recently and I am very pleased with it. I concur with everything megasupermagnum said. It is about the same weight as my JM Marlin 1894CL .357 20". It is about a pound heavier than my 16" Rossi R92 in .45 Colt. Mine feeds .327 and .32 SWL perfectly.

I installed a compact Leupold 2-7X and I am getting .327 groups of about 1" at 50 yards. It is the modern 32-20, but it is really better than a 32-20 in every way.