Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: One of those weekends...

Unhappy One of those weekends...

What an absolute wreck of a weekend.
    I go up to my cabin every second week about... I see my girlfriend the weeks I dont go.
    This week, she decided to come with me. What an adventure.

We started off the car ride with an argument, but that was the least exciting thing that happened! When I got to the country side, we were following a car, the man slowed down and pulled a U turn right in the middle of the road, I almost took him out. I stopped a few inches away from his car. he acted like nothing happened and continued to turn around, whatever.

We get to the cottage, walk to the cabin, she helps me with a few things here and there. She asks me to take a picture of her infront of the cabin, I agree and back up a few feet to snap a pic. Little did I know a wasp nest is in the tree right beside me. I passed there thousands of times and never had an issue, didn't even know there was a nest there... At this point, I got swarmed. Probably stung 10 times in the neck and the ears, arms etc...

I get back to he cottage and try to relax all while in pain. I get stung every year but never this much. I fall asleep and wake up the next day. Now at this point im convinced nothing can happen to me. WRONG! I finish working on my cabin, probably stayed around 2-3 hours. Im walking back, and I here a noise, im in a swamp and about 30 feet infront of me is a mountain. What's the noise you might ask? A BEAR! Never saw it, but I heard it and it was close, sounded like it was calling the cubs to run. At this point, my pack basket is off and remington 1858 .36 cal in hand.
    I pull the trigger and click. I scream to scare off the bear, crank the hammer back, and BOOM. It goes off.
    What I didn't know is that my dad was walking in the mountain looking at the bear this whole time...

5 minutes more and I would of had a bear at the cabin coming at me... What a weekend...

Every day is an adventure, ain't it?

I've always been a little leery of going to Canada. I've heard they have critters up there that will eat your horse.

By the way, that's a way cool cabin..
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    hopefully it will get better, never been in wilds of Canada but when I carry a weapon in the wilderness its always something that I know will put down any 2 or 4 legged creature I might come across with one well placed shot

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Every day is an adventure, ain't it?

I've always been a little leery of going to Canada. I've heard they have critters up there that will eat your horse.

By the way, that's a way cool cabin..
    Yeah, just the flies are massive... Horse flies will literally leave with a chunk of you.

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    hopefully it will get better, never been in wilds of Canada but when I carry a weapon in the wilderness its always something that I know will put down any 2 or 4 legged creature I might come across with one well placed shot
    Me too put I have my revolver in my pack basket as a secondary. I knew I had to bring stuff back so I didnt want to bring my 1886 because I wouldnt have been able to carry it! bad choice .

Boolit Master
    Where is that at in Canada?
    I've spent a handful of times in the Rockies South of Banff through Fernie and the mountain passes.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Ahhhhh . . . . nothing better than to be "out in nature"!

Love the cabin! Hopefully your next trip up will take up for the weekend you had . . . . sometimes it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!

"Skin that one pilgrim while I fetch ya another"
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Grand Master

A man reaches a certain stage in his life when he doesn't need a "girlfriend" .

You are there ... get a good dog !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    A man reaches a certain stage in his life when he doesn't need a "girlfriend" .

You are there ... get a good dog !
    Gary
    Im 23. I have 3 dogs...