WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ultra sonic cleaners and solvents

Boolit Grand Master

Today a friend gave me a harbor freight ultra sonic cleaner by central machinery a small one. Under 1 gallon size. Tomorrow while Im out there cleaning machines I toss some small parts in and see how it does

Boolit Grand Master

Fed Ex delivered the Vevor cleaner this morning. Opened it up and its a food looking unit well finished stainless steel and clean operating control panel. The manual inst that good at all no pictures or diagrams, just 3 pages maybe 4x6" of poorly worded descriptions, will giice it a try in a few days

Boolit Grand Master

Today my son took me to bank and he ran into the walmart and got some offs and ends a 3/8 pipe elbow, and length of tubing to fit on the one end. Along with dowels and brushes for anther project.

Put the street l on the drain valve and plastic tubing on it. Set it up on temporary stand and poured 1/2 gallon of the simple green extreme in tank and filled with water ( almost 5 gallons. There was almost a set and a half of R-8 collets in the basket. This filled right to the full step in the tank. Started heater when the soap went in set at 70*C. added water and was at 22* from the well. gave it 20 mins warm up with little change in temp. Set cleaning time to 15 mins. started it up. Wasnt loud we could talk in normal tones easily. After 5 mins a look showed dirty water and temp up to 35* C, At 15 mins unit shut down and water was dirty lifted basket and set caty corner to drain. Looked at a few and they were clean oil dust and most stains were removed also the draw threads were nicely cleaned also. For first use Im happy

Thanks to all for the help and info

A guy, moving, gave me his HF unit, it was new . I had a five gal tub of Brownells Solvent and filled her up. I only clean handguns, broken down, if possible. The solvent doesnt seem to evaporate and works great. No damages unless more than one part at a time.

Boolit Master
    Glad it worked out good for you.
    I like when people respond to how things worked out.
    Most time you never know

Boolit Grand Master

Im thinking on a filter for the drain line ( something like a in line fuel filter) to fiter the crud out of the "solvent" when draining to allow linger usage. THe drain line is 3/8' tubing so have to look for a bigger than normal filter.

The vevor unit does a good job a little slow to warm up but when up it cleans the crud off and leaves parts and tooling in good shape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12