WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Has Ruger reduced production?

Boolit Mold

Has Ruger reduced production?

I see that Ruger has had declining profits the past couple of years, but I wonder if they've reduced production lately. I have a couple of Ruger Precision Rifles, one in 308 and the other in 6.5 Creedmoor. Lately I've had the itch to buy one more in 338 Lapua, but those few I've found for sale have been at a thousand dollar premium over the best advertised prices (which are out of stock.) I'm a "thrifty" guy, so I'm not too willing to cough up an extra grand.

I've looked around the web a bit trying to find out what's going on, but without much luck. I get that ammo is flying off the shelves right now, given the current political climate, but not so much that this particular rifle is in short supply.

Any insight?

Welcome to the board, defranks !

Per Ruger: https://ruger.com/dataProcess/customerService/

PRODUCT AVAILABILITY MESSAGE

We greatly appreciate the high interest in our products. The demand for many of these products has far outpaced the supply, especially over the past few months. Please know we are producing and ship these high-demand models every day! Our almost 1,600 employees, across our three manufacturing facilities are working hard to stay safe, stay open and to continue to meet consumer demand.

As a reminder, we sell our goods through a two-step process to wholesale distributors. Because of this, we have no control over the order in which retailers receive our firearms. The rule of thumb is that the largest and best paying retailers receive hard-to-get merchandise first. I am sure that your retailer will be able to get these high-demand models for you at some point; please be patient.

This being said, please beware of placing a non-refundable deposit on any firearm at this time. There is not a retailer in the country that can guarantee you a time frame for delivery until their distributor ships them the firearm.

Thanks for your understanding and support!

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Mold

Gracias! But actually I've been on the board for quite a while. I mostly read, rarely post, though.

Boolit Grand Master

Anything remotely a self defense firearm is selling faster than supply.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Long range rifle shooting is also very popular. There is even a 1200 yard range within driving distance of my house. It and the 500-600 yard ranges are busy. I'd like to watch the center fire shooters compete in a 500 yard egg shoot in Bismarck, ND. No bench, no rests, just a mat, sling, and good scope and rifle.