WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love fresh cucumbers

Moderator Emeritus

Those airlocks are fragile so be careful handling them. I have broken my share!

Boolit Master
    I was more concerned with the jar seals and sealing rings for the airlocks. I was impressed with the quality of the rubber.
    My son and I brew beer for a hobby and have used these styles of airlocks before.

We're going to pick up a bunch of things to ferment and get a few going today in 1/2 gallon jars.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    As mentioned... I love pickles... I also love fermented cabbage...
    So, I picked up 2 sets of these for 1/2 gallon mason jars. Along with cumbers, we're also going to try asparagus, carrots, and anything else that we can find to ferment.

https://www.amazon.com/Fermentation-...dp/B075LRMRDQ/

Holy cow
    is that expensive.
    I drilled a hole in a normal canning lid and put a 1/2 cent (or less) rubber grommet from Harbor Freight in it.
    Made several for basically nothing

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbeans View Post
    I have a brown thumb so I don't have a vegetable garden. A good friend of mine has given me cukes from his garden. I peel and slice them and eat some of the raw cucumber. The rest of the slice are covered in 50% vinegar and 50% watet mix with a very small amount of table sugar. Store in the fridge over night and then eat all of them before my wife finds them.

BB
    Yeah, that's the way Mom made them. When we get fresh cucumbers, we peel and slice and use a mixture like yours, only adding a little salt and some fresh onion rings to flavor. My wife and I just had a small bowl each with our Shepherd's Pie for supper. Good Eats!
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

We make lime pickles... they take days of work to produce and once done right they stay crisp and will curl your toes! When we get started we use 4 and 5 gallon crocks for most of the hard work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12