Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Mp 842!!!

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.

Mp 842!!!

I recently bought eight pounds of MP 842. Before buying it I checked to see if data was available. Well, a few months went by, and I'm finally ready to work up some loads. Only problem is, I can't find the data sheet. I should have bookmarked the page. Do any of you know where to find the data. The stuff I have found is kinda crazy. Each thread I find, contradicts the last one, I looked at. Thanks in advance.

EDIT*
    I found this on Jeff Bartlett's site. "WC842 This powder, is a double based (spherical) ball powder, used to load the 5.56mm NATO Ball M855A1 round. Developed for reduced copper fouling, this results in better accuracy and longer barrel life. Use WC844 loading data (Hodgdon H-335)."

The MP 842 says to reduce WC 842 data 20%. Unfortunately I also found threads where the folks said, DO NOT USE H335 DATA FOR WC 842. They were very adamant about it.

Others said use CFE 223 data and reduced by 20%. This was closely followed by warnings about doing that.

I later found another thread that advised using H322 data for WC 842. Can you guess what the next post said?
    Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jimkim; 07-25-2020 at 12:11 PM.

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

I worked up a load with one lot that does very well in Mrs. Thumbcocker's AR. Used 335 data and went slow. Then I bought another jug but it is a different lot number.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Thanks. I'm beginning to think it is closer to 4198 than anything else.

Last edited by jimkim; 07-25-2020 at 02:21 PM.

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Master
    I ended up going with my gut. The IMR-4198 data proved to be a good starting point. The first load did not have enough energy to lock the bolt open. I am now within 0.4gr of the max load, based on the 4198 data and it seems to have hit it's stride. So far I have been just watching for signs of excessive pressure. I have to chronograph and fine tune these. I believe max accuracy will be right around my calculated(20% less than the WC 842 data which I figured was very near that of IMR-4198) maximum load, give or take half a grain.