Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting gloves for magnum calibers

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gnostic View Post
    I bought a PAST shooting glove, after I lost the feeling in two fingers of my right hand. It's kevlar, it took the pain out of shooting 300 grain bullets with 296 out of my 44 mag revolvers. This glove is absolutely worth the money....
    This^^^^^

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    I believe Past shooting gloves have been discontinued.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Hadn't heard the Past Gloves had been discontinued.
    Guess I'll keep a close eye on my pair.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    I have been sceaching the internet for PAST shooting glove and not haveing any luck

Uses Round butt grips only 1 grip aftermarket so far.
    I just went to Midway and they say 'discontinued.'
    Last edited by gnostic; 07-25-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Boolit Master
    Titleist golf gloves. Left for right handed, Right for left. Golf Mart like places, not next to the golf course, usually have good prices. If you're right handed larger stores have a better selection as you're looking for a left handers glove. LOL
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Hello everyone...this is my first post.

Here's a link from Mid-South Shooters supply.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...hooting+gloves

I haven't needed gloves since I started loading my own 44 mag cartridges. I like a nice boom and just enough recoil to be exciting, while still being comfortable for my right hand.

Boolit Master
    Fish4Bugs, have 3 S&W 44 specials. 624 with 6.5" barrel, 4"bbld 24-3 and a 24-3 with 3" barrel. Don't have a 44 mold yet so been shooting WW 200 grain silver tips and they are so downloaded it ain't funny. When I shoot the 624 with the 6.5" bbl it feels like a 38 shooting wadcutters. Would like something with a little more oopmh. Frank

I got my PAST gloves in the late 80's. The one I got had the right hand padding in the palm and the left was padded on the back to use your left hand as a rest and not scrub up your knuckles.

I got them after my two middle fingers would go numb shooting heavy loads in a .357 BH. For grips Hogue grips have been the best and haven't used the gloves after putting them on, I have them on a security six also.

I have arthritis in both hands but more in the right and the Hogue's let me keep shooting longer before I'm sorry.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Boolit Master
    Shoot a few rounds of 375 win in a TC and that 44 mag will seem real tame.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Best gloves I found are biking gloves as in Tour de France type gloves with gel inserts. Go to Bike Nashbar and take a look
    +++ bike gloves

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200730_223224.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	265510

Name:	20200730_223317.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	265511

DCP asked if I could post a pic. off the gloves I have so here they are. The right one, the palm is padded but the back is not. The back of the left is padded but the palm is not.

They do change the way the grip on the gun feel but for target shooting off the bench you can work around it . It makes them feel a bit bigger . The padding on the back is kind of nice when shooting off a hard or rough bench.

I should add that the padding on the palm is the thickest at the base of the tumb about where your "life line" is.
    Last edited by facetious; 07-31-2020 at 01:29 AM.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Boolit Mold
    I have used golf gloves/batting gloves. Mechanic gloves work ok too. Ultimately I discovered Hogue rubber grips. Ugly as sin, I hate the way they look and I miss my wood grips but they work, and I no longer need gloves.
    And it's not just for the "bear loads" (because I don't do that a lot) but even a good range session of 44 specials eventually started digging into my hand. Those grips solved that problem entirely.

Boolit Master
    I was shooting my Bisley 454 and Bisley 480, it became a bit uncomfortable, I was going to quit, so..... I had a pair of work gloves in the back of my car, what a difference! This is what I use now. I have the large size, they fit skin-tight on my hand. For $7+ dollars, they are well worth it. I think the link shows the large size.
    https://www.industrialsafetyproducts...iABEgLrcPD_BwE

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by facetious View Post

Name:	20200730_223224.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	265510

Name:	20200730_223317.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	265511

DCP asked if I could post a pic. off the gloves I have so here they are. The right one, the palm is padded but the back is not. The back of the left is padded but the palm is not.

They do change the way the grip on the gun feel but for target shooting off the bench you can work around it . It makes them feel a bit bigger . The padding on the back is kind of nice when shooting off a hard or rough bench.

I should add that the padding on the palm is the thickest at the base of the tumb about where your "life line" is.
    I also have a pair of Pasts purchased in the 90's. I baby them and they still work great. Padding on mine is as pictured.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1125191321?pid=568113

I looked on midway and thy have them listed for 27.99

Can you please wait for me to put on my gloves dear smokey before you try to eat me.
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by facetious View Post
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1125191321?pid=568113

I looked on midway and thy have them listed for 27.99
    And they also say they are discontinued.

Winelover

Sorry didn't see that part. As tight as thy are I don't think you will get them on before the bear gets you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12