Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting gloves for magnum calibers

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Shooting gloves for magnum calibers

Shooting gloves recommendations

Winter and summer Shooting Gloves for Magnum calibers

(Ruger Redhawk 44 Mag with wood grips and steel back strap)

Thanks all
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Found these o. Amazon. They work for me. Only use the right one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200724-163825_Amazon Shopping.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	265221
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    baseball, batting gloves or golf gloves. If they have full fingers they are good for winter and for summer you can cut them off. I got mine at Walmart.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Vendor Sponsor

The "Shooting" gloves all have the pads in the wrong place for a magnum handgun. As mentioned golf gloves or batting gloves, I like the goatskin tig welding/driver gloves made by Tillman they are ultra soft and fit like second skin. You can use a regular glove like this, and wrap one turn around the middle knuckle with that stretchy bandage stuff, and shoot the most punishing magnums all day without discomfort.

Attachment 265227 Attachment 265228

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tillman-141...QAAOSwKOJYGfJl
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

I use padded handball gloves. They work great for me. I just cut a little off the trigger finger. They make the recoil manageable, and keep your hands warm when hunting. I got mine from amazon for around $20.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

I bought a PAST shooting glove, after I lost the feeling in two fingers of my right hand. It's kevlar, it took the pain out of shooting 300 grain bullets with 296 out of my 44 mag revolvers. This glove is absolutely worth the money....

Use what NFL players use as well as adding "stickum'"....outta work!

Boolit Master
    I've a Ruger Redhawk in 44 magnum. First few sessions pretty painful with the stock factory grips. Getting rapped in the knuckles was way worse than when the teachers used to but their rulers on my knuckles. Try a set of the Pachmayer Deaccelerator grips. It fills the space between the back of the trigger guard and the front of the handgrip. But I have to confess shooting 100 rds at one session did nothing for my marksmanship. And when I started shooting one of my 3 S&W 44 specials the Redhawk gathers dust in the safe. Frank

Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    And when I started shooting one of my 3 S&W 44 specials the Redhawk gathers dust in the safe. Frank
    Handball gloves....I like that .
    I came up with an answer to the full house 44 mag loads punishing your hand: load them lighter. I use an H&G #503 over 9 gr,. WW231 for my daily 44 mag blasting . Still zippy enough for a little recoil.
    Like you, with the S&W 44 HE 44 special, it is a better alternative to the full house 44 loads. Shoot it all day long comfortably.
    My 5 screw pre 29 and the 3 screw Ruger Super Blackhawk don't get that much work these days.
    But you KNOW you have to shoot just a FEW full house loads every time out just to remind you of the 44's power.
    Right?
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

Heavy recoiling Contenders are the worse for me.
    I use a golfing glove with the trigger finger cut off.

Boolit Master
    Mountain bike gloves that have the gel pads already sewn in.

Boolit Master

I've been using a PAST shooting glove for the heavy calibers for many years. Works great for me.
    Chuck

I use weight lifting gloves for the problems I have with my hands and works good. I got my at the sporting good store Scheels the ones that gose about just over $16 .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

I tried gloves but found that reloading my own was a better Option
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    I have been sceaching the internet for PAST shooting glove and not haveing any luck

Uses Round butt grips only 1 grip aftermarket so far.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Banned
    Getting the right grip on your magnum for your hands really helps.

I don't understand the theory behind punishing your hands regularly with heavy "bear loads" in your magnums

Yes I have a load that will push a 245 grain j-word 1700+ fps in my RSBH and around 2300 in a rifle. they are stout loads and not enjoyable to shoot repeatedly.

As I age I've gone with the philosophy of developing the lightest most accurate loads I can for my firearms, this way shooting is fun (not uncomfortable) for me.

I do like goatskin mig/tig gloves for when I need gloves

Boolit Master
    changed the grip on SRH to a Houge, made a world of difference

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd2 View Post
    I've been using a PAST shooting glove for the heavy calibers for many years. Works great for me.
    I forgot about PAST. I used to have a nice old one for the right hand, it did work good but still had no protection for the middle knuckle against the Ruger trigger guard. One turn of the stretchy bandage around that knuckle solved that problem in a jiffy!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    I tried gloves but found that reloading my own was a better Option
    I agree 100%. Load 44 mags as your needs (and body) suggest!

banger

Boolit Grand Master

Best gloves I found are biking gloves as in Tour de France type gloves with gel inserts. Go to Bike Nashbar and take a look
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast