Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Some range time today

Boolit Master

Some range time today

I decided to go to the range today to continue my study of what 22 ammo works best in my Remington 513 and was heartened to hear the boy ask if he could come too. OF COURSE!!! was my answer. He loves to shoot up 9mm rounds in the high point carbine and is starting to get so he can actually hit stuff. I was trying out several other 22 loadings to see if any would better the Armscore ammo that I stocked up on. There was one loading slightly better in terms of group size, the Federal Champion of which I now have only 50 rounds left. Troubling, was some Winchester 333 that I got during the obama years when I was allowed to buy one box at a time. These proved to group pretty tight and then some fired brass would stick in the chamber and had to be driven out with a cleaning rod from the muzzle. On the 513 is a Tasco 3 to 9 scope which I had sighted dead on at 50 yards. The reticle is fine in the center and heavier as you get away from the cross in the center. It has proven to be useful in that it gives dual aiming points for the 22 ammo I have been using. The cross wires Dead on at 50 yds makes the point where the wire gets heavier on the vertical wire below the cross, dead on at 100 yds. So I discovered I could regularly roll a 3" rock around on the bank at 100 yards without moving the scope adjustment. Then the boy wanted to try it and don't you know, he didn't have any trouble either. Someone had left a small pile of clay pigeons on the ground by the target holders so we laid those out on the bank and destroyed them. Just then one of the wheels of the club who is a very involved and all around good guy showed up and began to talk about " someone" who had set clay pigeons on the target holders and shot them up doing damage to the wood racks. He saw that we were not doing this but still politely let us know that it was paper target only and we shouldn't be shooting clay pigeons on the rifle range. I do love a reactive target. The boy then volunteered us to clean up the debris ,what little there was, and that was that. I went back to rolling that rock around on the bank and that is fun, fun, fun! We got about 30 lbs of range lead off the berms also. It was a good day!!
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

Awesome sounds like a great time for the both of you. PS i gather clays too. And shoot them.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a fine day! Those vintage Remington bolts are fun and accurate too. I harvest clays from our skeet fields too, use the good ones in my traps at home and the warped or cracked get shot on my rifle/pistol berm! Fun to see how many you can put they the center before it shatters, then get to shoot the pieces till they are too small to see! Waste not want not!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

I got out this eve. Ran 3 of my 1911's. 22lr 9mm and 45 acp.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, I just gave away 4 cases of clay targets that had been picked up at our range over a period of time. Need to spend some quality time with my 513T also to find out which 22 ammo works best. That and see what ammo my Win 52B also likes. Frank