WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Did Jesus Rise from the Grave?"

Boolit Master

"Did Jesus Rise from the Grave?"

Did Jesus rise from the Grave? Fact or Fiction? Myth or Reality? Sure and Certain Hope or Baseless Vanity?

What do you think?

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

If you are a Christian, then you'd better hope that he did........ to paraphrase Paul, if He didn't then there is no hope for our resurrection. Yes, of course he did. If you believe the Holy Bible, His resurrection caused quite a stir at the time, and He later appeared to his followers. If you don't believe in the events recorded in the Holy Bible, then there is no point to your question as you are an atheist. His resurrection is "what's it's all about." It is the Gospel.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    If you are a Christian, then you'd better hope that he did........ to paraphrase Paul, if He didn't then there is no hope for our resurrection. Yes, of course he did. If you believe the Holy Bible, His resurrection caused quite a stir at the time, and He later appeared to his followers. If you don't believe in the events recorded in the Holy Bible, then there is no point to your question as you are an atheist. His resurrection is "what's it's all about." It is the Gospel.
    Not believing the Bible does not make a person an atheist, it just means they are not a Christian. You can believe in God and not believe in the Bible.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    A lot of people witnessed both the crucifiction and resurrection of Jesus then went to their own cruel deaths because they would not recant what they knew. Dieing the way so many of them did takes more than "blind faith", it takes certainty.

So, yes, by any reasonable standard, Jesus was/is risen. And He is not "a" god, He IS God and there is no other.

Boolit Master
    There is but one God. The creator of the Universe.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    A lot of people witnessed both the crucifiction and resurrection of Jesus then went to their own cruel deaths because they would not recant what they knew......
    You know this, how? Where do you find this history? What do you consider a lot of people? Do these people have names?

Tim

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    How can you say that if person doesn't believe in the Bible they are an atheist? There are many different religions in the world what makes your religion the only one? this was the very meaning of our independence and the meaning in the First Amendment. One thing almost all religions have is the belief in a single God. What difference does it make how one reaches out to God? for you to say that simply supports the same ideology of Islam, believe in my way or else. I believe in the Bible but only in the Old Testament. I am not an atheist and for you to claim I am is repugnant. I looked up what the meaning of your handle is. Maybe I'm not surprised by your statement after all.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    .......... And He is not "a" god, He IS God and there is no other.
    God is God and is neither a he nor a her.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by johnho View Post
    How can you say that if person doesn't believe in the Bible they are an atheist? There are many different religions in the world what makes your religion the only one? this was the very meaning of our independence and the meaning in the First Amendment. One thing almost all religions have is the belief in a single God. What difference does it make how one reaches out to God? for you to say that simply supports the same ideology of Islam, believe in my way or else. I believe in the Bible but only in the Old Testament. I am not an atheist and for you to claim I am is repugnant. I looked up what the meaning of your handle is. Maybe I'm not surprised by your statement after all.
    Wow, John, lighten up a bit, will you? I never heard of you before, don't know you, am not a mind reader or psychic. I did not claim that you are an atheist. Are you? It doesn't matter a whit to me-- be what you want to be, just as shall I.

Take a deep breath, and consider this: Every religion in the world believes that they are the true, correct religion. Is that not so? If they didn't believe that then there would either be only one religion, or none at all. I mean, would they waste their time subscribing to a set of beliefs and behavior that they didn't believe in?

Yes, Islam claims to be the one true religion, and so does Christianity. Christianity teaches that there is only one way to salvation, doesn't it? I didn't make that up. As an aside, it's a nice thing that Christians don't behead you for non-belief, whereas the same can't be said for Muslims.

Since you believe only in the Old Testament I take it that you are Jewish? And because my "handle" is German in origin I take it that you find that offensive because of the holocaust? My, my--sensitive aren't we? You'd need to research a little more to understand the meaning of the name, but if it's any comfort my relatives left Germany in 1923. It's about as fair for you to make that insinuation as for me to speculate that your relatives are pawnbrokers. If you are indeed of Jewish descent, then you must know that your ancestors persecuted the early Christians, demanded that Pilot crucify our Lord; and that the Torah and the Hebrew religion, although they may attempt to live in peace with other religions, believe that theirs is the only true religion. So why do you find it unreasonable that a Christian should believe the same about his religion? Rather intolerant, aren't you?

I stand before you to say that the only way to salvation is through the acceptance of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. You may reject it, put it out of your mind, rail against it, but someday all of us, Christian, Jew, Hindu, etc. shall stand before God and be judged. I'll offer you this, which is quite in conflict and contrast to the conventional Christian doctrines: I believe that all will be given the chance at that time to accept the sacrifice and salvation, no matter what beliefs they adhered to in this life. When we see him on his throne with the nail marks in his wrists and ankles and the mark of the spear in his side, it will be impossible for most to deny him. Only the truly, incorrigibly evil shall be thrown into the Lake of Fire to suffer the second death. Far out, eh? Study the Book of the Revelation-- not found in the Old Testament.

Religion, politics, and Gew 88s bore sizes are all bad subjects in which to engage, as the conversation almost immediately becomes conflict. I regret having answered the OP, and shall disconnect from this thread. But John-- lighten up a bit, will you?

Beyond all doubt. "He is Risen! He is Risen indeed!"

If you do not or can not believe that, well there is Islam, Buddism, Zen, you name it. Many many choices.

But if you call yourself a Christian, you have to believe he was Raised from the dead.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Yes, He rose.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

I believe the Bible is the Word of God. He is risen indeed!
    • Murder is illegal.
    • Attempting murder is illegal.
    • A felon owning a gun is illegal.
    • Shooting people indiscriminately is illegal.
    • Using firearms in a criminal manner is illegal.
    • Criminals do not go through background checks when purchasing illegal guns.
    • Explain how criminals will follow new laws.
    • Explain how new laws will make us safer.
    • Explain how restricting law-abiding citizens even more will make us safer.

You can’t? Then your argument is invalid.

Boolit Master
    Yes, He has risen indeed and He lives for ever more.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    [Sarcasm Mode ON]

Somebody explain to me the Scientologists concept that Christ was a shape-shifting space alien that was beamed up to the Mother ship? Does Tom Cruise read this forum?

[Sarcasm Mode OFF] Bless me Father for I have sinned...
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    My guess would be deception, Jesus warned us 4 times in Matthew ch 24 about being deceived.

Boolit Master

There are many beliefs about diety in the world. If there is one God then there is one way to please him and I believe that is the Holy Bible. As specific as things are in nature,then I assume God has a specific way in which He wants us to worship him. My personal research has concluded that the Bible is Gods Word and we should abide by it.
    If there are different conflicting beliefs how many can be correct? Would an all powerful God have many ways to approach Him? I think not. God honors obedience.

Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    There are many beliefs about diety in the world. If there is one God then there is one way to please him and I believe that is the Holy Bible. As specific as things are in nature,then I assume God has a specific way in which He wants us to worship him. My personal research has concluded that the Bible is Gods Word and we should abide by it.
    If there are different conflicting beliefs how many can be correct? Would an all powerful God have many ways to approach Him? I think not. God honors obedience.
    This is where my questions come in. Out of 7.3 billion people on this Earth, Give or take 5.3 billion people disagree with you. What makes this one the ONLY one?
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

Hebrews 4:12

"Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.

John 8:47

Yes He has risen! He is our ONLY hope! My belief is not persuaded by a book full of words, my belief is persuaded by a God is omnipotent-the same yesterday, today and forevermore!
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master
    Do any of our doubters want to suggest any other person who has had the lasting impact on history and humanity than that of Jesus after his mortal death and eternal resurrection?

Boolit Master

Another thread separating the sheep from the goats.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast