RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I talked to an atheist the other day

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

I talked to an atheist the other day

I talked to an atheist the other day . Fact is we talked for about two hours . I have know him a long time and love the guy . But he's a hard core..There ain't no GOD..type of person . We talked about lawn equipment , the weather , family and politics .

He was mad that all the chaos is going on and the insane ideology of the left was tearing our country apart . I agreed with him that it was all crazy . At a point I asked why or how he thought this happened . I sat a good while listening and agreeing for the better part .

I have known him for years , worked with him years ago . He's a good guy . takes care of his family , works steady , honest and likes dogs . When he wound down on his lecture to me I spoke up . I just asked...Do you really want to know what caused this madness ? He looked hacked off and told me ...Your going to say GOD ! I already know !

I told him...No . I don't know if GOD created the mess . But I know GODlessness in this country probably did . GOD doesn't have to create a mess like this because left to ourselves we will do it quick enough . He gives everything we have , maybe he has quit giving ?
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Wow, what a thought... not sure I like it.

God hasn't quit giving. People have quit receiving what is right in front of them.
    Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

Boaz, some things cant be "forced" on people they have to accept it. Beliefs is one. Think of it a knowledge it van be there free for the taking but the person has to bring the container. Its also one of the few gifts you can give and still keep. You arnt going to teach someone who dosnt want to learn, and you cant hardly stop someone who does.

Boolit Master
    A society with no carrot and stick to encourage people to follow the golden rule, everyone will only do what they think will work out best for them and they don't care if it hurts anyone else. Every person for themselves leads to worse outcomes for all but the few who have the power to grab the most.

The Fear of God Religions that offer rewards for following "God's" laws and eternal damnation for breaking them keeps the chaos at bay. A society that follows a false religion usually has a better society that a society with no religion.

Take Japan as an example 80% of the population follow Shintoism or Buddhism or both, neither of which Christians would consider a true religion but it does keep the people on a good path because they believe in something other than themselves.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

I'm going with the blessings have stopped, the cursings have begun. Deuteronomy 28. God's patience is rapidly running out. As a people (collectively) we shall reap what we have sown, just as the Israelites did. Individually, because God loves those who love him, perhaps we shall be spared, but as a people we shall suffer greatly. One has only to stay current in the "news" to see it all coming. War, pestilence, famine, death.

Boolit Master

I fear we are living in Sodom and grimora times again and soon a punishment will be rendered.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master

There is a vehicle in town. It has a sticker on it. Saying nothing fails like prayer. It really gets under my skin. I feel like taking off. But respect of others property stops me.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Many good thoughts here this morning.

Boolit Master

Amen Charlie, All we need is a sinful people to be left to themselves!

USMC 77, USRA 79

hmmmm I dont know Boaz.... but you could have smiled on your profile picture!!! or is that a smile? Perhaps I need better magnification on my readers?? the raccoon was smiling!!!

Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Grand Master
    Tim made a good point. It is not necessary to believe in God to be a good person.

What is happening to our country has less to do with God than we want to believe. God does not need to punish us as we quite capable of doing it ourselves.

If you die defending your home and family from looters, God has not punished you...you are "collateral damage".
    When we dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, we killed many "good" people (some just babies) but that was not God punishing them.

God allows man to be evil, and evil can impact good people who do not deserve it. We cannot depend on God to save our mortal life, but Jesus can save our eternal soul. We ask God for His protection, but He has demonstrated all too often, He is unwilling or unable to save the innocent. I cannot understand why that is...but it is.
    Don Verna

USMC 77, USRA 79

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Tim made a good point. It is not necessary to believe in God to be a good person.

What is happening to our country has less to do with God than we want to believe. God does not need to punish us as we quite capable of doing it ourselves.

If you die defending your home and family from looters, God has not punished you...you are "collateral damage".
    When we dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, we killed many "good" people (some just babies) but that was not God punishing them.

God allows man to be evil, and evil can impact good people who do not deserve it. We cannot depend on God to save our mortal life, but Jesus can save our eternal soul. We ask God for His protection, but He has demonstrated all too often, He is unwilling or unable to save the innocent. I cannot understand why that is...but it is.
    Hmmmmm.... not sure about this... i am gunna leave this thread be...
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    hmmmm I dont know Boaz.... but you could have smiled on your profile picture!!! or is that a smile? Perhaps I need better magnification on my readers?? the raccoon was smiling!!!

Dang Marko ! I was trying to get down to the river to go fishing . My other hand I was carrying a folding chair , tacklebox , 3 fishing poles , a bucket of soured grain while walking through knee high grass full of holes ! It was a pretty quick 'selfie' . lol

Knowing we are reading the book of Hebrews in the ..Reading the bible..thread above in the stickies I said what I said . It would benefit a person to read Hebrews . I'm trying to stay simple here .

GOD can cast the unbeliever adrift . But never the believer . He has given us the ..New Covenent.. . He gives us promises , he is faithful , he can not lie , he is constant . In support of Pine Baron's comment I agree . Much more supporting evidence in his word . To be without GOD is a believer's worst nightmare . To the non believer it makes no difference because to them GOD does not exist . Gets back to choice ...just choice .

My comment today is not a fatalistic one . In fact it should be comforting to those with faith . We will never be abandoned in our faith . It's much like the book of revelations which seems scary to many . But in the same book the faithful are taken up or otherwise spared .

This isn't the theology forum . I have not used scripture to 'prove' anything . I am only suggesting to read GOD's word and take his promises into your life . Our Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross to fulfill prophesy and give us the gift of salvation . We have hope , we have choice .

And joy, Boaz, don't forget joy.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    And Peace beyond understanding.

Boolit Master

It is truly a time in our history like we've never seen before. We don't necessarily need to understand all that is going on in our world today, but we need to trust that the LORD is guiding the ship. Romans 8:28. We should be concerned but not afraid knowing He is in control.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

God is in charge, he is still giving, his mercy is still available. But most do not listen.

Some time back when we got the first stimulus check the Holy Spirit asked me where this money came from.
    So I explained. And it said "so this would be income?"

I answered yes.

What do you want me to do with the Lords share?

I want you to look after one of my flock. She lives near you, you visit her most evenings with your little dog.

Ok, say no more. Next day she got given 240$. She did not want to take it, even though we both knew she needed it badly.
    Finally I said Peggy, the Lord has asked me to give this to you. Are you going to deny him?

No.

Fast forward 6 weeks.

Several times I had mentioned, "Peggy if you need help, tell me. Don't be ashamed, don't get yourself in a jam. Just tell me.

Last week she got all tongue tied. "Spit it out girl, can't be that bad"

"I need 400$"

Ok, is that all? Yep.

So that night on my evening visit I dropped 500$ in her hand.
    Nope, don't thank me, praise the Lord.

On my way home, I swear on my souls chance of salvation, I swear on my mothers grave I heard these words.

"Ohh thou good and faithful servant, well done William Thomas, well done indeed!"

I hit my knees. Folded up right there in the Alley, dog licking my face asking whats wrong.

"I never ever thought I would hear those words"

I'm a screw up, always have been. The only thing it can be said about me is that for each time I have been knocked down I have gotten up one time more. Ready to try again.

The LORD still cares, still answers prayers, still uplifts those who will listen.

SO LISTEN!

Lord I am not worthy to tell your story. I am not a very good story teller. I get choked up in all the wrong spots.
    But LORD I believe, and I'm trying. And I will keep on getting up and trying till you sound the last trump or call me home.

THY will be done Lord.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Yes, this.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast