MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: 32 ACP dies

32 ACP dies

Does anyone make a nice 60-71gr mold? If not I watched a video of a guy milling some molds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygJOnZ7fIl4&t=339s

Does anyone know the best route to take? I do not have access to a milling machine.

Boolit Master

The Lyman 311252 is kinda the standard for 32ACP. It is listed as a 75 grain bullet, mind drops 77. Accurate Moulds has many moulds for the 32ACP, many good ones. I am not sure I would go below 70 grains for this cartridge, to many foot pounds lost in performance.

Boolit Master
    I have the lee .311 100 2R mold. It is milled down I thank .080 . It cast a nice 80 or 81 grain bollet that works great in 32 acp.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Which .32 ACP pistol are you loading for? Most function more reliably with a heavier bullet.

Accurate 31-075H resembles factory FMJ bullet shape with slightly flattened nose of .303 diameter for short-throated Kel-Tec pistols. The 31-081H has larger .308 nose diameter and bevel base to bump up weight, fits CIP-Euro-throated pistols, Beretta, CZ, Walther and 1903 Colt.

Attachment 265176Attachment 265177
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Mouse guns!

NAA Guardian
    Keltec P32
    Seecamp

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve been contemplating the Accurate 31-070C. As much as I love my little .32s it’s still low on the priority list.

Boolit Master

Jniedbalski, i had the same thing done. My mould died, was not enough left for the sprue plate screw. Really miss that mould, but I don't have a way to make another. First one was made for me. Yes, 81 grains and shoots like a dream.

Boolit Grand Master

I use the Lee 311-93-1R to reload for a 32 acp Walther PPK , it is of WWII vintage and has a enough throat that allows the 93 gr. RN boolit to be seated properly , feed from the magazine and cycle into and out of the chamber .
    I'm not sure if the more modern pistols have enough throat but the cost of a 2 cavity Lee mould isn't going to send you to the poor house .
    I rather like the heavier boolit since boolit expansion at 32 acp velocities isn't going to happen .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    If I was looking for info on loading and shooting cast in 32 auto I would do a search on posts from Outpost75. He could write a book on getting the most from the the 32.

Boolit Master

gwpercle, I have the opposite issue... I have a CZ70 that I really like that does not have enough leade to allow for many bullets at all, but my kel-tec will chamber anything. I have been to much of a chicken to get a 30 M1 reamer and add leade to the barrel/chamber.

Boolit Grand Master
    Take a look at the NOE TL314-78-RF-BD5 this is the old Ranch Dog design for the 32 Auto and it is a goodie.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3703 (2).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	265223
    I have loaded just shy of a thousand of these and used them in my Browning 1922, my Beretta Tomcat, my Colt 1903 and soon, my Beretta 81.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Let me ask this: Is anyone here into making 5 projectiles or so test molds for me to try out if you have any?

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Let me ask this: Is anyone here into making 5 projectiles or so test molds for me to try out if you have any?
    PM me with your snailmail address and I can send you a few 31-081H to assemble into dummy rounds to try for chamber fit. If when loaded to fit into your magazines the ogive still impinges against the origin of rifling and they chamber hard, then you will know that you need the 31-075H.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

I've been using the Lyman 311252 for a few year now. Great bullet. I feed 8 different .32's with it as well as my 7.62X25 Tokarevs. Have yet to find a gun that dislikes it. That said, if you are set on your design, Tom at Accurate Molds will cut whatever you need and have it at your door before you know it.

My first was the 311-93-1R cut down to drop right at 80 grains. That one worked so well that I decided to do the same with the TL314-90-SWC. That one I milled the lube grooves out also, and it drops right at 73 grains.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73swc.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	265253