WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Shooters World Buffalo Rifle

Boolit Buddy

Shooters World Buffalo Rifle

I've heard that their "Buffalo Rifle" is identical to 5744. If you have used both powders I would like to hear your thoughts.
    Buffalo Rifle is about $10 a pound cheaper.
    Thanks for looking.
    TF

Boolit Buddy
    It isn’t the same as the new powder. Buffalo Rifle is in fact the old 5744 that was made by Lovex, and resold by Accurate as 5744.
    This thread has a picture of an older can of 5744 that has both labels on it.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...n-Rifle-powder

I’ve never used either. I however just bought some of the Shooters World Precision to try out.

JM

Boolit Master

Hi,
    @ JM7.7x58 is exactly correct. I have both powders (new A5744 and SW Buffalo Rifle.) I use the same starting load data for both, and will tweak one or the other to best performance, but as a starting point, they are basically the same. Honestly, I like them both in a variety of applications from .45 Colt with heavy bullets to .260 REM and .30-06 with cast, to .45-70. SW-BR is an excellent comparable powder and much less expensive than the A5744. If you haven't tried it, you should get some before supplies dry out. Like anything good, once people figure it out, it either gets gobbled up or suppliers figure they can jack the prices up and you'll still pay it. Them's my dos centavos.
    Ed

Boolit Buddy
    buffalo rifle is the old accurate 5744. the new 5744 is not the same as the old accurate 5744 that was made by lovex. when i changed over to buffalo rifle last year i used my 5744 loads as a starting point. did not see a big different between the two in the fps across my chronograph. i can post the data later between the two. i went to buffalo rifle because 5744 price went too high, over $250.00 for 8 pounds. the last eight pounds of buffalo rifle i got was under $150.00.

last year i have started changing all my match loads over to shooter's world powders. shooter's world prices are priced right over others.

Boolit Buddy
    I like Buffalo Rifle and have used it for reduced loads in many calibers. Just get one of the old Accurate manuals online and problem solved! I use the 2003 version, and that seems to do the trick for 5744 loads in many applications. I really like all the other SW powders I've tried as well---nice to have this alternative out there.