RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: PID unit, Does anyone still make and sell them?

Boolit Master

PID unit, Does anyone still make and sell them?

Want to ready made PID unit.

Vendor Sponsor

Check out Hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John 15:13
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Boolit Master

I bought one from Hatch some years back, still runnin' like a champ! Good Stuff!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Buddy
    I just received a PID unit from Hatch 8-10-20. Hooked it up to my "Drippy Richard Pot" old model with slanted valve and plug. Heated a pot full of lead and set it to auto tune. Been watching it for a couple of hours and the temperature is hanging right on 750f, plus or minus one degree. Now that's what I call temperature control.

Hatch makes a great unit for the price, and I wish I had bought one before now.

Hello, I'm slugster and I approve this message.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    There are still many CHICOM cheeeeeep PID controllers on the internet!!!!! I sell industrial grade process controllers that go for anywhere from $450-$1,200 each, something you would probably buy, but lots of cheap brands are out there out there you need a magnifying glass to read and program. Just do a search on the net. One brand that was popular was Auber.

That still means you have to build the box, wire it, add the SSR, install switches and outlets, etc. There were some on here that actually built a plug-n-play box at one time. Most just build their own set-ups now.

Even thought I sell controllers thru my engineering firm I own, I still do not use a PID controller on any of my pots! And get perfect boolits ever pour.

bangerjim

There is an all in one solution on eBay.

I built my own. I'd buy one from hatch if I needed another. Not worth the time or savings unless you just want a tinker project. I did at the time but now I'm too busy. Just depends I suppose

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    There are still many CHICOM cheeeeeep PID controllers on the internet!!!!! I sell industrial grade process controllers that go for anywhere from $450-$1,200 each, something you would probably buy, but lots of cheap brands are out there out there you need a magnifying glass to read and program. Just do a search on the net. One brand that was popular was Auber.

That still means you have to build the box, wire it, add the SSR, install switches and outlets, etc. There were some on here that actually built a plug-n-play box at one time. Most just build their own set-ups now.

Even thought I sell controllers thru my engineering firm I own, I still do not use a PID controller on any of my pots! And get perfect boolits ever pour.

bangerjim
    Well, I can't argue with your success, but....

I suspect that you use a mechanical thermometer to monitor your alloy temperature.
    But as the alloy is used up, don't you have to tweak your thermostat setting on the pot because of the alloy heating up?
    The PID makes things so much easier.
    Just set it and forget it.

I have two cheeeep PIDs from Ebay (MyPin) that I built and had have no issues for several years.

Your reason for not using a PID?