Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: New winchester 73?

Boolit Master

New winchester 73?

I have seen a brand new Winchester marked long barreled rifle in a store that most of us here have written off due to their leftward political leanings. But be that as it may, I was in there and we were looking for weight lifting equipment, They had just about none, and I happened to see they had 5 long guns left, a Henry 44 lever, two marlin lever guns a pump shotgun of some sort and towering over the others a Winchester emblazoned m 73 with real walnut and a blued receiver. I had to know about it so i asked a floor walker and he said he would find the gun guy and maybe he would let me look at it. Eventually he, the gun guy, showed up and unlocked all the security devices and reached it down and it was beautiful. It was 45 Colt which I was hoping it was 44-40 but no. Between the trigger lock and the zip tie on the lever I could not check out how smooth it was but it was a beautiful Miroku / Winchester. I had to know what they though it was worth and so gun guy went back to scan the bar code on the box and came back and said $1450. Expensive , but not shockingly so I thought. So my plan is to keep an eye on it and wait for the going out of business sale even though it isn't a 44-40, it could be a good investment. Gun guy said that because they had a few guns left when the Covid nonsense hit corporate gave permission to sell remaining inventory until Dec 31. We will see.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

They are still available from distributors. Ron Shirk has quite a few. If you want one, get the 44wcf in the configuration you really want and you'll be happier in the long run. A buddy of mine has the top of the line one like that, and it is a very nice rifle and quite accurate with his homemade black powder ammo.