Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: out of stock

Boolit Master

out of stock

seems most of the online sources and big box store places are once again out of most all most common and some not so common powders and primers
    what your take on this

Boolit Buddy
    if you don't have some now you are going to wait before you find some. and then the price will be higher.

Moderator Emeritus

Was talking to LGS today and he mentioned he has a case of Varget coming in. Hmm save me some. Who knows if he will actually get the order.

Banned

It's election year first off and on top of that more people who didn't own guns are now buying them. I talked to my LGS the other day about primers and he said the primer and powder suppliers are pulling back from retail to ship to the ammo makers to try to refill the shelves. Said they have no idea when their standing orders will be filled.

Boolit Master

Just finished placing an order with Graf's and saw they were out of stock on most primers and quite a few powders but had everything I needed...A2400, WW231, and Shooter's World Buffalo. With what I've got already on-hand, should be good for, at least, a couple of years.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

The only place local to me on the Long Beach WA Peninsula that I can get powders carries a very limited selection (IMR powders I don't use
    and 777. and quantity. The next nearest place is 130 mile round trip.

Boolit Master
    With the NICS checks breaking all records, I understand the shortage of firearms and ammo, but I find it hard to believe that any of those NEW firearm owners are getting into reloading also, so basically I do not understand the shortage of powder and primers.

Boolit Grand Master

Covid 19 has kept people inside so lots of people are reloading out of boredom coupled with the current unrest shortages are inevitable.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    farmbif,

Take this as a learning experience. Old ******** like me have been stockpiling when supply was good and I bought almost all my powders and primers on sale. I am soon to be seventy and will never need to buy powder or primers again. It is a good feeling. It took me almost 10 years to achieve that goal and I sold a lot of "useless" guns to fund it. Just stupid to have 20+ guns I hardly shot and not have components when the SHTF.

I expect you will not find much until after the election. If Biden wins, you will be SOL for a long time. IMHO. Plan on having to use less than optimum components for your guns. In practice, losing a bit of velocity or accuracy is not important anyway.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    With the NICS checks breaking all records, I understand the shortage of firearms and ammo, but I find it hard to believe that any of those NEW firearm owners are getting into reloading also, so basically I do not understand the shortage of powder and primers.
    As I understand it, the powder and primers are going to the ammo manufacturers. Ammo is selling like crazy at this point.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    As I understand it, the powder and primers are going to the ammo manufacturers. Ammo is selling like crazy at this point.
    I thought of that, but ammo is not available either.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    I thought of that, but ammo is not available either.
    It's shipping as fast as they can make it. It's selling way faster than they can make it. I retired awhile back but I work part time in a sporting goods store. Since covid and the current unrest normally a 30,000 round shipment of 9mm anything will last about three hours.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

I was at my one LGS yesterday for a BX25 mag. I looked over towards his reloading area. Well stocked. Same with ammo. He had 22 lr stacked up on the floor. I don't buy my loading supplies there. I go to Geisers. They are cheaper than online or the same. Last month i stocked up on powder and more primers. Only thing i couldn't get was sport pistol. But i have plenty. Just wanted a reserve jug. Allikant sent him what they could he told me. I did get red dot too. He was out of it for awhile before. It did go up some. I paid 145.00 for 8 lbs. Last time it was 127.00
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

the only thing I was a tad low on was shotgun primers, picked up enough from powder valley to spread the hazmat out and now should be good to go for awhile.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Like dverna, I've been stocking up for years. I'm seventy years old now and fully expect I have enough components to carry me out. It's a good feeling. Friends and family know where to head if SHTF. Gp

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 2A-Jay View Post
    The only place local to me on the Long Beach WA Peninsula that I can get powders carries a very limited selection (IMR powders I don't use
    and 777. and quantity. The next nearest place is 130 mile round trip.
    I moved a few miles away but I used to walk to Sportsman's warehouse. My wife just calls it my favorite store. I always bring her home some Mike and Ikes. I found 25 pound bags of shot for $26 a while back. I don't load shot shells but I had to buy one bag.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

It's a perfect storm.

Election year.

Covid drama.

Widespread lawlessness.

Rampant stupidity.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Banned

One of my distributors reps told me yesterday,July 22 the military orders are filled first then civilians.

I was getting 3 calls a week for powder. Now it is here,(h4350); and more the customers are ghost.

Primers backorder until late fall. Inside have one fella tell me Midway had some limited to 1000 spp. So I placed an order. He is willing to pay me 57$ for a 1000.

Myself I'm good.

Cost of the powder I have is from 35-42$ Inc tax for 1# jugs.

241$ for a 8 # W748

When you tell people order now cause in a few months it's gonna get crazy since it is an election year. Get with your shooting buddies and let's order large.

Now cooties and riots.

All are wandering lost driving hours to make a purchase.

BPB

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

The words of the prophets have been written on this forum often . Those who have seen the past can often tell you the future.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    I suspected it was going to get crazy, so I did stock up, but now I realize that I should have probably doubled up on powder and primers. I live in the hinterlands of southwest Iowa. We have a few gun stores, but nobody stocks reloading supplies. My only choice is from on line sources.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast