RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Daisy 22LR At Auction. Value?

Boolit Grand Master

Daisy 22LR At Auction. Value?

Going to an auction sat and besides reloading equipment there is a Daisy 22lr for sale. Any idea what a good price for this might be at top bid as a shooter not a collector?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Be careful it isn't a caseless 22 as there isn't much ammo available. Daisy-Heddon V/L

https://youtu.be/H6gU1CHj9Xo

https://www.ammogarand.com/daisy-hed...100r22100.html

Daisy sold a few variations of 22lr most were cheap plastic stocks with plastic barrels with a barrel liner. Some single shot some had magazines, some had wooden stocks all were pretty basic "junk". In a time where you can buy a new single shot 22lr rifle for $125. I wouldn't pay more than $50 if it had a magazine maybe $75. But in reality I wouldn't pay $50 either way. 3 times I've pasted on a Rem 510 TargetMaster at my LGS because it's $125. It's a single shot & just how many single shot's does one need? Well 20 if there free but no extra's at above $50 -$75 unless they are something very special. lol
    '

https://youtu.be/E_njvuiKLfA
    Last edited by NyFirefighter357; 07-20-2020 at 07:25 PM.

I would say between $50 and $100 if in good shape. The barrel is plastic jacket over thin pencil barrel with shallow rifling. Action “ reciever “ is zinc casting. Bolt looks to be cast steel. Hardwood stocks. I had one that I blew up. The only gun I ever blew up. Grandkids were around 10 and were here for 4th July. I had a bunch of 22 nail diver blanks I was going to let them shoot for noise. The Daisy I had took on a trade. Anyway decided I would shoot one before letting kids. When I fired it blew out case rim which blew magazine out of gun, in pieces. As far as function it still did as single shot. Just blew magazine and assembly to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post

I had one that I blew up.

I had a bunch of 22 nail diver blanks I was going to let them shoot for noise.

When I fired it blew out case rim which blew magazine out of gun, in pieces.

While they ARE cheap junk, I can't blame the blowup on the gun (jes' sayin' )

For a shooter, I would pass - only buying one as a NIB collectible.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Grand Master

No, the barrel is aluminum and lined with a steel rifled tube. I have one I got over 30 years ago. The barrel was a little loose, I contacted Daisy and they sent me a new barrel and wrench gratis out of their old stock. It was out of production then. The stock is plastic with an extension so it us useful for short people and extended almost fits me - at 6'2" and a 16" sleeve. Mine is bolt action, I believe they made them in single shot and semi auto as well? The magazine looks like the Ruger 10/22 magazine, I have never had a 10/22 so never tried one to see if it fits. It is acceptably accurate for plinking but I doubt I'd take it squirrel hunting, or never have cause I have better 22's for that.

I probably wouldn't give $100 for mine.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!