RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Is Jesus THE Christ?"

Boolit Master

"Is Jesus THE Christ?"

Is Jesus THE Christ, the promised Messiah, the Holy One foretold in Scripture?

What do you think?

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master

Absolutely !
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    yes undeniable!

READ ISAIAH 53 ...the whole chapter, and you tell me who it is describing (written 100's of years before his birth.)

Boolit Master

Yes, he fullfilled all the phophecy of the OT. Name another that has affected history and lifestyles as much as the Lord Jesus Christ.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    Is Jesus THE Christ, the promised Messiah, the Holy One foretold in Scripture?

What do you think?

exile
    I believe that God sent His Son to incarnate on this earth for a reason.
    His Son was born and became the Son of man. His name was Jesus.

The Jews do not accept that Jesus was the Messiah.
    They cite Biblical prophesy that was not fulfilled that described who the Messiah would be.
    These are God's chosen people saying that, despite what they heard from Jesus or what He did.

By his teachings and actions there is no doubt in my mind that He was the Son of God incarnate.

Boolit Master

Yes Yes Yes Yes and YES!
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Yes & he died for us, brought love to the world. It hasn't been the same since.

Boolit Master
    Yes, Jesus THE Christ, the promised Messiah, the Holy One foretold in Scripture.

Jesus is the one who saved me and gives me eternal life and I thank Him and give Him all my praise.

Boolit Master
    wrong therad

Boolit Master
    Maybe. The evidence is weak, mostly only what is recorded in the New Testament which might be a work of fiction, no Roman or Jewish record of his execution but I don't doubt the Romans executed a bunch of Jews like Jesus. That Jesus, if he was executed by the Jews/Romans, rose from the dead, again no Jewish or Roman record of that event. The only people to record the miraculous resurrection are a few of his Apostles who would benefit from the belief that their leader was such as the true Christ.

Maybe, a few billion people believe that their salvation depends on believing it. Of course more people don't believe it than do believe it.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    This makes me look at Matthew ch7 vs 13-14

Boolit Master

dtknowles: wrong answer.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post

Maybe. The evidence is weak, mostly only what is recorded in the New Testament which might be a work of fiction, no Roman or Jewish record of his execution ...
    Tim
    Wrong. A guy named Josephus was a Jewish historian in that period who was well respected by the Romans. He mentions the crucifixion of Jesus and the rapid growth of His followers.
    Last edited by 1hole; 07-23-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Wrong. A guy named Josephus was a Jewish historian in that period who was well respected by the Romans. He mentions the crucifixion of Jesus and the rapid growth of His followers.
    Josephus was not even born yet when Jesus (if he was crucified) was crucified.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Ah, yes. Now you've caught me out on a limb haven't you?

But, on the other hand ol' Joe was born and grew up in the same area so he not only would have known the stories but at least a few living witnesses. And he was in the Messadda fight in 70 AD. So I, for one, suspect he's probably worth listening to!

Just have to wonder, is it your position that only the accounts of historians who directly witnessed something should or could be trusted?

Boolit Master
    "The woman said to him, 'I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ). When he comes, he will tell us all things.' Jesus said to her, 'I who speak to you am he.'"

John 4:25-26 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    But there are some records of his execution.....this You Tube clip gives details from ancient historians that mentioned it...Roman & Jewish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A41Tm5FDKns

Maybe. The evidence is weak, mostly only what is recorded in the New Testament which might be a work of fiction, no Roman or Jewish record of his execution but I don't doubt the Romans executed a bunch of Jews like Jesus. That Jesus, if he was executed by the Jews/Romans, rose from the dead, again no Jewish or Roman record of that event. The only people to record the miraculous resurrection are a few of his Apostles who would benefit from the belief that their leader was such as the true Christ.

Maybe, a few billion people believe that their salvation depends on believing it. Of course more people don't believe it than do believe it.

Tim

Boolit Master
    There's a thousand times more evidence of the Jewish Jesus than there is of the Greek Homer but "intellectuals think" (?) Homer was real but Jesus is not.

Some intellectuals are quite smart and know Jesus was and is but most are mushroom dumm people who preach that He was not. They "prove" it by citing how many other dummies like themselves agree!

Spiritually blind people only prove to each other that there are none so blind as those who refuse to see!

Without question:

"Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Mark 16:13-16

I became a Christian in 1970 at age 28. I was a young lawyer at the time. Before I could proceed with life, I had to find the answer to two questions;

1. Did Jesus really live?
    2. Are the New Testament documents a reliable account of his life, teaching and death?

In order to answer these questions, I left the practice of law and entered a three year graduate course of study at Asbury Seminary. My legal education had prepared me to do research and I spent every spare hour my first year in the library seeking the answer to my question. I found the answers and the answers were both a resounding yes!
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 08-10-2021 at 04:11 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Josephus was not even born yet when Jesus (if he was crucified) was crucified.

Tim
    You were not born when Lincoln was killed, but I bet you know the story pretty well. The life and death of Abraham Lincoln fundamentally change the history of the country. The life and death of Jesus transformed the Roman Empire and eventually the history of the entire world.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 08-10-2021 at 04:41 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast