Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Need scope cap suggestions for bushnell rangefinding 4-12 scope

Need scope cap suggestions for bushnell rangefinding 4-12 scope

I have an air rifle Im setting up and it will see it’s storage life outside the safe ready to shoot any vermin that are causing trouble so I want a scope cap for at least the front lens so it doesn’t get dusty. It has bungee caps now but they are pretty clumsy. I love the leupold alumina caps but I’m not sure which if any will fit this scope? The outside of the housing is 52.5mm. Any suggestions? I don’t really want a plastic butler creek type solution but I’m open to suggestions.
    There doesn’t seem to be any inside threads available either although i can’t really tell what’s going on in there. Possible that a sunshade tube could be threaded on and give more options. I have a machine shop and can modify stuff too so I’d really like to find a way to make an alumina cap or similar work. Thanks in advance!

Boolit Master

I just checked google a lot of sources. I agree the bungied ones are not the best.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    This may sound a little bit low tech, but my go-to-sits-by-the-door-eternally scoped rifle has a rag over the upside lens. Comes off quickly and hasn't failed me yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    This may sound a little bit low tech, but my go-to-sits-by-the-door-eternally scoped rifle has a rag over the upside lens. Comes off quickly and hasn't failed me yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Yeah I dont normally use the flip caps at all, I like the neoprene sock things so maybe that’s all I need for this too.

I've used Butler Creek flip up covers for years for dust protection. They work and are fast to use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Check out what you have on hand for empty containers for spices, spray can tops and pill bottles. If one is big enough to fit over the scope cuut it to the size you want. Did this for a scope on a rifle in my safe and it worked fine and was a loose fit and easy to remove qiuckly.