Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTS SSK Mount Freedom Arms 83, AK-47 kits, Colt SS 1911 mags, 10/22 80% kit...

Boolit Bub
    His email account no longer exists.. I just sent one to inquire about the 1911 mags!

Boolit Buddy
    Emails coming back as undeliverable by Outlook.

He even sent me some new photos of the mold and brass I eventually purchased so I can't believe it's a total scam.

Praying for him and his Family....

Boolit Bub
    Same here with payment sent an no mold received. He gave the impression that he was going through tough times. I, too, am praying for him and his wife. Hope he comes around and makes us whole.

Boolit Master
    I got cold feet and backed out of my commitment to buy the scope mount. Initial request for payment from him was "PayPal friends and family is my preferred option ". When I wrote him back two minutes after he sent me that request saying I felt more comfortable paying the fees or sending a check, he immediately came back saying how PayPal had frozen his account. He provided a name and address for mailing a check. Google turned up no info on that name or address. Too many red flags.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Last email I got from him was on 7/17 said he would mail item 7/20, both email addresses I had come back as "Failure Notice".
    Last edited by JDs1911; 07-23-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Same here, Paid with regular paypal. Will say I paid with Paypal first and he said it had been frozen but he returned the money. Then he gave another Paypal account to pay thru.

Boolit Buddy
    I sent payment via PayPal on 7/18 for the AK63D underfolder kit. It looks like someone else may have also been told they were getting that kit, and so two of us may have paid for it. I attempted to follow up here, and to both gmail accounts he provided. Both of those gmail accounts no longer exist.

I have a record of the gmail conversations where he showed me photos of the AK kit, and we also discussed a Garand that he had, again with photos. Up until the point that the gmail accounts were removed, it looked pretty legit. Not so much now, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by photomicftn View Post
    Hello, payment was made on 7/18, as we discussed. I left you a PM today, and also to your personal gmails, but both of those accounts are bouncing emails back now. Please advise when you ship, and PM me with the tracking number.

Boolit Bub
    Looks like I'm in the same boat as some of the others.

on his other sales post I paid out for the; MP 227-65, 4 cav, cut for gc
    back on 7/13 and for another auction of his on the 18th, no communication since then.

It looks like several of us have paid for the same items.

I also paid for the AK kits, which he said he had large collection of....
    Said his PP was shut down for "gun parts" and asked me to pay through "Cash APP", which is owned by Square. So I hope I have some recourse

Mods ~ He sent me a phone number too.

Boolit Master

I got an email originally as well, said he would do a "sweetheart deal" for all of it. That was enough to make me back out.

Doug

Boolit Bub
    Both GMAIL accounts he gave me are no longer active.

The deleted gmail accounts make me think that this might have been a scam from the get-go. I just hope that he wasn't lying about PayPal being frozen with funds in it because that means some of us might still get our money back...but I'm not holding my breath. I am pretty broke so this really hurts, because that was a big splurge for me. I had been wanting a hollow point mold for a LONG time.

Cast Boolits Owner

We are looking into this. If you made a deal with him please use the report button to report all PM’s between yourself and Jerry can. Hopefully this is just medical issues. He indicated his wife tested positive for COVID so he may have it too.
    Last edited by No_1; 07-24-2020 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Edit for clarification. Changed “she” to “so”
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Bub
    I was sold an AK M70 kit.
    Sent personal check.
    Tried to contact via email to verify funds delivery, email is dead.
    I issued a stop payment on the check.
    If it is just medical issues...I apologize and wish the best.
    This smells pretty fishy though. I will simply step down.
    I will issue report as requested.
    re

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    We are looking into this. If you made a deal with him please use the report button to report all PM’s between yourself and Jerry can. Hopefully this is just medical issues. He indicated his wife tested positive for COVID so he may have it too.
    I can understand that sort of thing, but with his GMail addresses now bouncing back mail, you can see how it looks REALLY bad. Plus, he said he had already sent the parcel out from Texas last week on Wednesday. I have no parcel here from him 9 days later in Tucson, AZ, only two states away. I've purchased from sellers in Texas before, it's usually 2 days, and I can't recall it ever taking 9.

Boolit Mold
    I am in the same boat with SirNomad. Package was supposedly sent last Wednesday but hasn't arrived yet. I think the pattern is pretty clear here.

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like I'm out about $275...

Boolit Bub
    This is very sad...I am very disappointed, not just in a lost acquisition, but that people actively prey on us. In general my dealings on this forum have been wonderful. Some genuinely great people here, then something like this occurs and my faith in humanity takes a big hit...very saddening.

Boolit Bub
    His email account we communicated thru does not exist anymore.
    Started correspondence with him 07-17 concerning the two AK kits. He sent me pictures and we agreed on a price.
    He supplied me with a cash app ($mitboyd) to pay thru. Said his wife’s name was Michelle. ?(Why I don’t know)?
    Ended up paying with Venmo on the 19th. He received funds, and has now disappeared.
    I had my son send the $ because I am not familiar with any of the payment apps.
    Not sure if I have any way to recoup my $. Makes me sick to have trusted someone and end up getting funked.
    Would be glad to take a little road trip to pay him a visit if anyone can find him.

Well, found a guy with the same name in Texas on Facebook, but not sure if it's really the same guy, or if the person we were talking was even who he claimed to be. Lots of criminals use someone else's identity to commit their crimes.

Cast Boolits Owner

Someone indicated they had a phone number which was provided by Jerry Can. Please message it to me.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast