RepackboxWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WTS SSK Mount Freedom Arms 83, AK-47 kits, Colt SS 1911 mags, 10/22 80% kit...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeatl View Post
    PayPal refunded my money.
    You didn't get talked into the Friends and Family by scammer did you?

Boolit Bub
    No, I will gladly pay the 3 to 4% extra. That way I do not have to worry about it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SirNomad View Post
    Funny, because I posted in that thread earlier that I would take it. I paid for it via PayPal a week before you sent him a check. THIS IS MAIL FRAUD, and we need to file complaints with the United States Postal Service. It's a felony, and he had to cash those checks and money orders somehow
    Flip the check over and see what bank cashed it. It will get you closer to his identity. Since banks use cameras.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

My check was cashed yesterday. Signed by Donte Wilkerson and Tesla Mendoza if i am reading it correctly. Same handwriting for both. Think I am out $70.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
    My check was cashed yesterday. Signed by Donte Wilkerson and Tesla Mendoza if i am reading it correctly. Same handwriting for both. Think I am out $70.
    Tony
    Someone ought to be able to track him down. That check has to be attached to an ID or his checking account. Good luck, I hope someone in authority will take the initiative to hammer this guy.

Boolit Bub
    I would contact the bank noting that the check was cashed in a fraudulent transaction and ask them to find out where the money went. Unless it was check cashing I guess, at least if we get a few banks on this guy's case maybe they can find out some useful info.

Really sucks to hear about this whole deal...

Banned

I found a Donte Wilkerson on Facebook in Beaumont TX

Quote Originally Posted by Black Powder Bill View Post
    I found a Donte Wilkerson on Facebook in Beaumont TX

That guy is probably a guy who played HS football a decade ago in Beaumont. Beaumont is 200 miles from Longview.

The Beaumont Enterprise newspaper has a number of articles on his exploits. Not hard to find if you're interested.

I think it's an outside shot at best that it's the same guy.
    Last edited by AlHunt; 08-13-2020 at 06:57 PM. Reason: removed a link to easily found information

Boolit Buddy
    I wouldn't recommend posting links about a person just because "they may be". In my searches I found info about who I suspect is the guy and even who his family is (also still living in Longview), but I'm not the police, and I'm not going to post links. Identifying the wrong person and an harm that comes from it, is a bad path to go down. Maybe we lock this thread?

Boolit Buddy
    THIS GUY IS AT IT AGAIN OVER ON THE SINGLE ACTION FORUMS!

https://singleactions.proboards.com/...crollTo=357997

if you sent a check and it was cashed, get the image of the bank and signature. The police can check with the bank and get the video of the person as the check cashed will have a time marker (the ID they used is forged). DON'T FOLLOW THE NAME, it's probably just a local who the scammer used to seem credible. This is mail fraud and with enough cases the $ amount makes it a felony and the police will follow it. The person will probably jump back south once the trail is hot.

If you used a credit card in any way (linked to paypal/vemo) then you can dispute the charges. VERY easy to do online and you usually get the money back in a few weeks (you are the card customer and they like making you happy). I've done this many times and you usually open a case, submit a statement, and they contact the other party. in this case the other party (pay app) has no recourse as the goods were not delivered. Credit card company will pull funds from pay app and you will have money, make sure you drain the pay app as they will not like you afterwards.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234