Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
PBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: BSA red dot on AR

Boolit Master

BSA red dot on AR

I pulled out the 6.8 yesterday and sent a few rounds downrange, its been a while, what an easy to handle gun. Right now its got a $30 BSA red dot on it, it still shoots on target, battery life is pathetic in this thing. But I have had problems with other cheap electronic sights in the past. I was thinking the 6.8 might be good for deer season this year and started looking into cost and how I could fund a better quality red dot, like the vortex spitfire or Burris ar332.
    Does anyone have experience with the durability of BSA red dots or holographic sights.

Banned

Look into Primary Arms. They have all kinds of red dots and prism scopes. Very well made.

Boolit Buddy
    Sig romeo 5, 2 moa dot ,looong battery life, motion activated.

Banned
    EOTech is Mil-Spec, but they’re pricey.

Boolit Man

I mounted the BSA large diameter red dot sight on a S&W M629 with a 3" barrel. After firing 300 full load 44 magnums through the gun, the cylinder will never come clean again, very light barrel leading, gun shot to point of aim from ~15 feet to 24 yards at indoor range, and my wrist was sore.

The BSA sight was still intact and functioning perfectly. Three days later I fired another 50 rounds to satisfy myself that the dot sight was still AOK. My wrist was still a little "tender". The BSA dot sight is fantastic for the money: cheap, durable, functional, repeatable, and really UGLY.

Boolit Buddy
    I also have a BSA red dot on my AR, but it is 22LR. Works great, no problems. Try Optics Planet which has the biggest selection of red dots anywhere.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/red-dot-scopes.html

Boolit Master
    I got a deal on a new one put it on a AR 15 and it lasted half a mag. Not such a good deal .

I am a big supporter of the Bushnell TRS 25. I have 6 of them as old as 15+ years. None have cacked so far and if you can remember to shut them off when you put the gun away the battery lasts for years. Inexpensive 2032 Battery. and easy to Replace.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    I am a big supporter of the Bushnell TRS 25. I have 6 of them as old as 15+ years. None have cacked so far and if you can remember to shut them off when you put the gun away the battery lasts for years. Inexpensive 2032 Battery. and easy to Replace.

Randy
    I use the same one. Works great.

Boolit Master
    I like the view though this thing, 32mm lens I think it is and just one single red dot, I'm going to keep shooting with it, get a couple extra batteries, and put flip ups on the rail just in case it does fail.