Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has Small pistol primers

I can't seem to find SPP in my area either. Can't reload .38 Special without them.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Buddy
    this will pass and when it does you should buy as much as you can for the next time. the same for powder, bullets, and brass. don't forget 22 lr ammo.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    this will pass and when it does you should buy as much as you can for the next time. the same for powder, bullets, and brass. don't forget 22 lr ammo.
    Buy it cheap, stack it deep. I’ve been caught up in shortages before. At the time I was buying what I could, when I could and at the time was over paying for some of it. W/ price increases over the years it looks like I got some great deals back then

Boolit Master
    We had a mother lover price 1000 of these for 240 dollars FTf on vaguntrader and it makes me sick. Free market pricing I guess. Just gave my father in law a 1000 in trade for 25 dollars of bullets. That’s what I bought them for and I’m happy to do it

Boolit Buddy
    Was up at the local Dunham's looking for something else today and spotted almost 2000 small pistol magnum primers, $37/thousand. Not ripoff pricing yet, tempted to get them, but I'm fairly well stocked at the time. Might still go back. I have read here and on several other forums that in SP, magnum primers will not cause pressure issues and will work just fine on most all regular loads.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by la5676 View Post
    Was up at the local Dunham's looking for something else today and spotted almost 2000 small pistol magnum primers, $37/thousand. Not ripoff pricing yet, tempted to get them, but I'm fairly well stocked at the time. Might still go back. I have read here and on several other forums that in SP, magnum primers will not cause pressure issues and will work just fine on most all regular loads.

I would nearly concur that statement

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    I got 2K CCI 500 at the nearby Sportsmans Warehouse today for $24+tax per thousand. I went in to get a camp chair and just habitually checked the primer display. After a double and triple take I got them. CCI was the only SP in stock. Can't imagine how they got there; the website said they were not in stock. Maybe someone ordered a lot of them and never picked up the order? Plenty of large and small rifle and large pistol in stock.
    I just ordered a brick of Remington small bench rest rifle primers from the Sportsman’s Warehouse web sight. I did the “Pay now and pick-up at the store later” option. They were $22.99 before tax, no shipping cost if you pick them up at the store. Not small pistol primers, but they can be used in my .357 loads.
    JM

Boolit Master
    What a lot of folks don't understand is there is an election this year and many hundreds of thousands of new shooters with either rifles,shotguns or handguns. Which creates an additional demand for reloading supplies on top of what one would normally see during an election year. Think there was an article that NCIS did over 3 million back ground checks in one month which set a record. And even if the GOP wins the election still see folks buying handguns or other firearms due to the virus and primer production being cut back for commercial sales to the manufacturers for the production of more ammo. My neighbor's wife just got a S&W M&P 2.0 ez carry pistol and couldn't find any 9mm. All I had was Win white box so gave him a box. So at least they have some ammo. Referred them to a couple online sites where they can hopefully get some self defense ammo. Frank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12