RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has Small pistol primers

Boolit Buddy

Who has Small pistol primers

OK, I've checked websites for Midway, Mid South and Natchez Shooters Supply. All are "out of stock" for SPP. Anybody know who has some. None of my local gun stores have any either. Thank you.

Boolit Buddy
    My LGSs all have small rifle primers, so I've been using these instead (roughly equivalent to MSP.) These work great in my loads.

Boolit Buddy
    I have no idea unfortunately. I only have 7 or 800 left. But I have about 3000 small rifle so I could probably work something up for pistol with them if things got real bad.

Boolit Master
    Your best bet at this point is to find an individual close to you with some excess. Maybe putting your location in your profile would help.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you all for your replies. I just might try the small rifle primer idea.

Keep checking the local guy.
    Stocking dealers tend to get shortage items first.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    wow, the out of stock crisis is happening once again, Jeff Bartlett, gibrass, still advertises some primers in stock, not sure what he has left.

Boolit Master
    I remember a thread going back years ago, someone was saying that they worked at the cci plant and claimed, I think it was, that small pistol magnum and small rifle were the same primers. I'm pretty sure it was on this web site.

I see even Ballistics Products is mostly out of stock of small pistol primers. They had magnums at same price.
    https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Fe...nfo/030FED200/

Quote Originally Posted by FullTang View Post
    My LGSs all have small rifle primers, so I've been using these instead (roughly equivalent to MSP.) These work great in my loads.
    This. Drop back on your normal charge weight and carry on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    On the subject of primer shortages, I read in a WW2 era Rifleman magazine where they were short of LR primers, but could still find a few SP primers. So they removed the anvil, flattened out the pin strike and inserted the small primer inside the old LR cup. The primers were rather high, so would not chamber in all rifles. I just thought that was interesting what they had to do to get a few cartridges to shoot

Banned

I'm down to selling the last few before the cut off to save for me.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    I found 2000 at gun show last week,but none of the shop seem to have any.When I was visiting NC a couple of weeks ago at the gun show in Hickory I got a good deal on old stock large rifle and large pistol primers,also 22lr ammo fore 30 to 40 a brick
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large in large numbers!!!

"Hope" is not a viable plan and voting for undefined "change" is nothing short of certifiable insanity.

Boolit Buddy

SP primers are on the shelves in my town its the small rifle magnum that haven't been seen in months, of course I am almost out of those!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master
    I got 2K CCI 500 at the nearby Sportsmans Warehouse today for $24+tax per thousand. I went in to get a camp chair and just habitually checked the primer display. After a double and triple take I got them. CCI was the only SP in stock. Can't imagine how they got there; the website said they were not in stock. Maybe someone ordered a lot of them and never picked up the order? Plenty of large and small rifle and large pistol in stock.
    Last edited by higgins; 07-23-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Banned

That 24$ price is really good for a retail outfit.
    Mine are now priced at 40$ thousand Inc tax.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Spoke to my local shop. He has some Large Pistol primers, and there's no shortage of Shotgun primers, but he has to get creative for Small Pistol primer. He has some in a generic looking box that are really hard.
    He said distributors expect the Small Pistol Primers to come back in stock late August/early September. I already put my money down.

Boolit Buddy
    I just checked gunbrokers. Small pistol primers are bringing north of $125 per 1,000 on some auctions. Hang onto your hat, its going to be a wild ride. Like most of you, I seen these swings come and go for the last 40 years. If old timers dont have a good supply they only have themselves to blame.

I managed to score 15K of Federal SPP at Shydas in PA a couple of weeks ago at $30/K. They were limiting purchases to 5K but I had 2 buddies with me.

Boolit Master
    I got caught in a primer shortage in the 70s IIRC. I haven't been short on anything since and won't let it happen again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast