WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: Kind of cool for Marlin fans

Kind of cool for Marlin fans

I've been picking up old tool boxes for restoration and use in the shop lately- you find some pretty cool things in them sometimes. Any guesses on the date?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107714582_567160667298116_7526779322069350981_n.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	264893
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    WW2 period. Marlin also made a brass safety razor for the troops. Unpacking Dad's footlocker after he passed I found those and a GI green pack of Lucky Strikes.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

Interesting find. I went to school at Aberdeen Proving Ground in 1966. Later I was reassigned there and they were tearing down the barracks where I stayed so one Sunday afternoon, I walked through for old time remembrances. They'd removed all the plumbing, light fixtures, etc. In the head. there were shaving mirrors and below each a slot for used razor blades. They fell into a cavity between two 2 X 4s and almost every one had used razor blades about 4 feet deep in them. Some of them mine. I wondered about the stories the owners of these discarded blades could tell. Some dating back to WW2 or before.
    Later, we hunted rabbits in the area and I recall that we jumped about 4 from inside the old Orderly Room foundation now covered with honey suckle vines. I got word that they were burning down the old mess hall and went over to watch that. Glad to see it go as I spent many agonizing hours on KP in that building. Went quick. All the old pine really went up and it was sitting on concrete stilts about 3 feet high.
    Just a walk down memory lane.
    The green Luckies were in C-rats up until the late 50s. Then they went to the 4 paks. Korean war stock I imagine./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Quote Originally Posted by beagle View Post
    Interesting find. I went to school at Aberdeen Proving Ground in 1966. Later I was reassigned there and they were tearing down the barracks where I stayed so one Sunday afternoon, I walked through for old time remembrances. They'd removed all the plumbing, light fixtures, etc. In the head. there were shaving mirrors and below each a slot for used razor blades. They fell into a cavity between two 2 X 4s and almost every one had used razor blades about 4 feet deep in them. Some of them mine. I wondered about the stories the owners of these discarded blades could tell. Some dating back to WW2 or before.
    Later, we hunted rabbits in the area and I recall that we jumped about 4 from inside the old Orderly Room foundation now covered with honey suckle vines. I got word that they were burning down the old mess hall and went over to watch that. Glad to see it go as I spent many agonizing hours on KP in that building. Went quick. All the old pine really went up and it was sitting on concrete stilts about 3 feet high.
    Just a walk down memory lane.I was born there
    The green Luckies were in C-rats up until the late 50s. Then they went to the 4 paks. Korean war stock I imagine./beagle
    I was born there in 53.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Buddy
    I picked up a bunch of them years ago at a flea market. had to give some away when I showed them to friends. the remaining ones are in one of my reloading cabinets.
    Barry