RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Load Data

Thread: PD W820 in 350 Legend

Boolit Buddy

PD W820 in 350 Legend

Promising results yesterday with a 180 NOE cast/powder coated sized .356 over 20.0 gr. I loaded three rounds, first is fired and brass inspected, all looked fine, ejected normally so the next two are fed from the magazine and the same, both fired and looked fine and fed from the magazine (an AR15, Bear Creek Upper). I've been moving with this jug for years and now I've found a use. The label says 10% faster than H110 so I reduced the low load by 10% and it worked fine, I'm quite happy. It's nice to have a range in the yard too.

Boolit Bub
    what kind of velocity did you get from those loads? I went to the range yesterday with some ladder loads with H-110 and WC820. My lot of 820 loads 2.5gr. less than H-110 for the same velocity. I did'nt go to 20.0gr but 19.0 was 2027fps as apposed to 21.5gr H-110 for same velocity. This was from a Ruger american 16.5in barrel. No pressure signs and equal accuracy from both loads (1-1/2"at 80yrds). Bullets were LBT 185gr gas checked and powder coated, Have both gas checked and plain base bullets. Gas checks were Hornady copper and the plain base checks were made from .007 flashing. All shot to same POI with equal accuracy. Will be moving up the ladder in next couple of weeks.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry to say I did not run the chronograph, just looked at fired cases for signs of pressure and function test for the AR. On the plus side, I've been finding the WIN factory at Walmart for $8.97/box so between that and a starline order I'll have a decent supply. Running my cast 35's in the .356 sier die makes this easy. I have an RCBS 250 gr mould I'd like to work on for a subsonic load.