RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Wideners Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco officially revealed...

Boolit Master

New Ford Bronco officially revealed...

I like it, mostly. They did a good job with the styling and a lot of really neat and useful features.

Pricing varies from $28k for a 4cyl(!) base model to $59k for the ultra-cool First Edition model that still only has a 2.7l V6.

Won't be available for delivery until next spring, but Ford will take your $100 to reserve the right to buy one then.

They dropped the ball with the drivetrain, I think. They based it off the Ford Ranger and the only two options are the little 4cy and 6cyl motors. You can get a 7spd manual transmission, though. They should have at least had a 3.5 V6 and V8 option. But, they were going directly after the Jeep Wrangler, which only has a V6.

To get a model similarly equipped to my 2019 4Runner SR5, it will cost you $36k. That's what I paid for my 4Runner, so they are about right on the mid-trim packages. But they have so many options and packages with unknown prices, that you could end up spending a stupid amount of money for one.

The top of the line Jeep Wrangler starts at $49k, while the Bronco top of the line model is also $49k (the First Edition models are already sold out). Top of the line 4Runner is a bargain at $42k.

Time will tell how well they hold up in terms of reliability and durability, but, they are quite eye-catching...

Attachment 264807

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/202...-reveal-bronco
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Nice looking SUV much better than the Chevy Blazer just wish they would have built it on a F150 frame and I still don't trust those small engines for long term durability , they shoulda brought back the 5.0 coyote motor and stuck it in there
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Grand Master

Look forward to seeing one in person but feel it will be a let down for me. This is coming from a Ford guy.

I’m also a bit disappointed in the power train choices. How much bigger is the 3.5 compared to the 2.7 that they couldn’t get the bigger eco boost motor in it? Perhaps the 2.7 has proven to be a more durable motor? IDK

Boolit Master

Just like they used to be....my buddy used to call me to come pull him out of a bog with my old Landcruiser.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

hope they better with this than they did with the ranger. was thinking about a new ranger to replace the older one and went and looked at them, they are the size of a f150 truck, I wanted a smaller easy to reach in bed chore truck and they really dropped the ball.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Banned

The “less is more” mentality has been pushed by the manufacturers for two decades, nothing but propagandized b.s. to accustomize the consumer to shrinkflation and environmental consciousness.
    Men should demand a return to solid-axle front ends on their 4x4’s and V-8 engines with optional manual transmissions. Damn if I won’t commission a custom build for the truck I want before caving in to buying one of these candy-butt sissymobiles.

Boolit Master

who cares about the motor? how many cup holder does it have!?

Boolit Buddy
    Nope, to me it still looks like a H3 Hummer with different trim, I own a '95 Bronco, full size and wouldn't trade it for the new one, well, maybe straight across, my Bronco has the 5.0 with a 5 speed manual, love it.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by dangitgriff View Post
    The “less is more” mentality has been pushed by the manufacturers for two decades, nothing but propagandized b.s. to accustomize the consumer to shrinkflation and environmental consciousness.
    Men should demand a return to solid-axle front ends on their 4x4’s and V-8 engines with optional manual transmissions. Damn if I won’t commission a custom build for the truck I want before caving in to buying one of these candy-butt sissymobiles.
    Exactly, my wife calls an F-150 a Barbi truck.

Quote Originally Posted by dangitgriff View Post
    Men should demand a return to solid-axle front ends on their 4x4’s and V-8 engines...
    I have a solid axle front end and a V-8...but I also drive an older F350 Powerstroke TD

Most of the engine configurations these days are a direct result of ever tightening EPA regs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Buddy
    8 replies and no OJ jokes yet?

Boolit Master
    Ford uses the 2.7 V-6 in the F-150 it is a cast iron block turbo that makes 325 hp.
    My guess is it will be more than enough power for the Bronco with the 7sp manual or 10 sp. auto.
    Just checked, the 2.7L V-6 is putting out 310HP and 400fp of torque. It is a twin turbo.
    The I-4 makes 270hp.
    Last edited by Rick Hodges; 07-14-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Curious here Rick How about posting what the original 302 and 289s were pushing in the 60s and 70s ( stock not built) in this vehicle?

Boolit Buddy

My 1977 F100 made 140hp when it left the factory.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't know why anyone is surprised. Most of the people who buy the fancy Jeeps don't come off pavement either.

If you want a true offroad capable machine, you need to build it yourself. Start with a good platform. Everyone knows the Jeep Wrangler and Cherokee, some go big with a Bronco or Blazer. My own choice is a 1st Gen Explorer, the machine Jeep guys pull their parts from.

I think it's a good thing Ford came out with a proper sized Bronco. The giant Bronco of the 80's and early 90's was just a big pig. Too big and heavy for the tight trails, and never stacked up to the F150 on road as far as towing. The original Bronco was medium sized, and it was better than the later models.

Boolit Master

Sadly, all of the fun jeep roads are gated off around here most of the year. I bought an old Wrangler a few years ago that was lifted and locked and ready to rock off-road. I soon found out that to get where I wanted to go in the woods mean't driving around a locked gate. Totally legal in a 50" wide or less ATV. Nearly every road that I could drive the Jeep on was navigable with a much less capable vehicle. Hence, I sold the Jeep and bought a 50" wide UTV and a 4Runner to tow it.

Ironically, the new Bronco is as wide as the old Full-sized Bronco...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...o-old-broncos/

No question, then: the 2021 four-door casts a bigger shadow than the largest of the former Broncos. And both it and the two-door absolutely dwarf their spirit animal, the 1966. The four-door is more than three feet longer than the 1966.

So while the 2021 Bronco looks like a reincarnation of the 1960s original, in terms of dimensions it's more like the roomy full-size models that reigned from 1978 to 1996. The new Bronco looks compact, but it's sneaky big.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

My wife and I just bought a new Ford Explorer ST edition, 3.0l twin turbo. I had so little interest in it I told her to go buy what she wanted without me. The afternoon she came home with it I finally drove it. All I can say is wow! That thing goes to 80 mph in a big hurry. I still have a grin on my face. I think it 350hp. Don’t let the small displacement of these new Ford motors fool you, they are a rocket.

Banned

Looks sort of like a mid to late 70's International Scout!

Banned

Slapping turbos on a small-displacement gasoline engine sounds like a bad idea if you want an engine that lasts a long time without a major overhaul. I wonder if a twin-turbo 4-banger could make it to 300,000 miles like my 1996 Silverado with the 5.7L Vortec V-8, which I’ve owned since 1998?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Sadly, all of the fun jeep roads are gated off around here most of the year. I bought an old Wrangler a few years ago that was lifted and locked and ready to rock off-road. I soon found out that to get where I wanted to go in the woods mean't driving around a locked gate. Totally legal in a 50" wide or less ATV. Nearly every road that I could drive the Jeep on was navigable with a much less capable vehicle. Hence, I sold the Jeep and bought a 50" wide UTV and a 4Runner to tow it.

Ironically, the new Bronco is as wide as the old Full-sized Bronco...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...o-old-broncos/

No question, then: the 2021 four-door casts a bigger shadow than the largest of the former Broncos. And both it and the two-door absolutely dwarf their spirit animal, the 1966. The four-door is more than three feet longer than the 1966.

So while the 2021 Bronco looks like a reincarnation of the 1960s original, in terms of dimensions it's more like the roomy full-size models that reigned from 1978 to 1996. The new Bronco looks compact, but it's sneaky big.
    Another big pig. I'm sure it will be great on the streets and beaches it is likely to be found. You would think Ford would have learned 20 years ago, people don't want a short F150.

I don't know why people are so scared of their turbo charged engines. The eco boost has been out, what 10-15 years now? A good friend of mine had one that he drove for work. It had over 250,000 miles on it when he left, no problems at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast