Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Golden Eagle 7000

Boolit Buddy

Golden Eagle 7000

I was recently given a Golden Eagle Model 7000 in 7mm Rem Mag by my father in law and other than a few minor scratches in the stock its in pretty good condition. Honestly I don't think he ever shot it as it doesn't have a scope or sights on it and he doesn't remember if he shot it or not. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on these guns and I'm not having much luck finding a scope mount that will work other than weaver bases but it just doesn't seem like they'd look right on a gun this fancy. I know redfield used to make some that looked good but the only ones I've seen are already attached to other guns for sale. Does anyone know of any other bases that would work or where I might could find some redfield bases?

Boolit Master
    Wasn't the golden eagle put out by Parker Hale in Engand?.(If I remember right it was their top of the line rifle.Frank

The Golden Eagle was manufactured by Kodensha Co., Ltd (dba Nikko Firearms co, LTD) in Tochigi, Japan (google it)

They manufactured both shotguns and rifles and some of the Japanese Winchesters.

The Model 7000 Grade 1 was a Mauser-style bolt action rifle, supposedly based on the Shultz & Larson M68, chambered for most (if not all) of our most popular rifle calibers.

They were available with a 24" or 26" barrel, walnut stock, rosewood pistol grip cap and forend tip.

They also made the Model 7000 African which is the same as the above but only in .375 and .458 Mag. calibers with open sights.

Also mfg. was the Model 7000 Grade 2 which is the same as the Grade 1, except with engraving added.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah it’s identical and produced at the same factory as the Winchester 777 and I believe there was another company that stamped their name on it too.

This one is a 26 inch barrel and other than a few cosmetic blemishes for sitting in a closet corner with a couple other guns bumping into it is new.

Boolit Buddy
    I’m not finding anything to confirm the red field dualite bases being compatible. I much prefer that price point over the $100 ones you linked though. I saw the weaver bases but was hoping for a better looking option.

Have you tried Conetrol in Seguin, Texas? They wont be cheap but they look great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway