Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: 45ACP MBC Cast Choice

Boolit Mold

45ACP MBC Cast Choice

Looking to load Missouri Bullet’s cast for 45ACP for general shooting between 200 - 225 gr.
    I like the MBC Hi Tek coating. Works great in revolvers and lever guns.
    Noticed several options between 200-225 gr designs, I don’t know much about semi autos with lead.
    Questions:
    TC, SWC, RN or RNFP? Do any of the designs have known cycle problems?
    Any certain design that is just awesome?
    Any certain design that is troubled?
    Mostly shooting out of a SS full sized Kimber at bowling pin shoots.
    Any input is appreciated. Thanks all.

I just checked their website. The ones they have listed for the 45ACP should work in nearly any properly setup pistol.
    The 1911 was designed to use a full metal jacket 230 grain round nose bullet. The round nose boolits on the MBC site pretty much duplicate the shape of the original round nose and should feed perfectly in your Kimber.
    I also like the looks of the 200 grain round nose and 200 grain RNFP. These should also feed well.
    Many will tell you that the 200 grain SWC on the MBC site should work as well. I would say to try them and see. Sometimes they do and sometime they don't.
    As far as what will work best for shooting bowling pins, I have no experience there. I just know what works in my pistols.

Boolit Buddy
    Haven't looked at the site, but if they have the 230 TC I'd give it a try. Works great in my Sig 1911 with my home cast from a Lee mold.

Boolit Grand Master

For bowing pins, go with a 255 gr or 260 grain bullet, with a light load. Missouri sells a 255 gr Keith that works well. The 250 gr RNFP would be ok too.

For general purpose shooting, you are going to be hard pressed to beat the H&G #68. Missouri calls it their Bullseye #1.

Boolit Grand Master

I've cast 4 different bullets for my 45 ACPs. Lyman 225 RN, feeds great in 3 of my guns. A Lee 230 gr. TC, also feeds quite well in all of my guns. A Lee 230 gr. RNFP also feed great. But the H&G 68 200 gr SWC clone does not feed well in my Ruger P90, 5 out of 10 FTF. The two most accurate are the Lyman 225 RN and the H&G clone, much better than other cast designs/sizes including jacketed or plated styles...
    Last edited by mdi; 07-14-2020 at 11:22 AM.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    I've cast 4 different bullets for my 45 ACPs. Lyman 225 RN, feeds great in 3 of my guns. A Lee 230 gr. TC, also feeds quite well in all of my guns. A Lee 230 gr. RNFP also feed great. But the H&G 68 200 gr SWC clone does not feed well in my Ruger P90, 5 out of 10 FTF. The two most accurate are the Lyman 225 RN and the H&G clone, much better than other cast designs/sizes including jacketed or plated styles...
    My ruger americans wouldnt run the 68,s neither.i bought the mp 200hp rf mold,,feeds flawless now!!