WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX on the way

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar

Beretta APX on the way

I've been wanting to add another 9mm to the battery and the Beretta APX compact caught my eye. Feels like a quality piece, made in Italy, with interchangeable grip shells for very reasonable price, $350.00. The trigger pull feels really good to me, miles ahead of Glock for sure. So, I put one in layaway jail.

Anybody have experience with these pistols? Do they get along with boolit ok? Factory mags are only $20.00 each, so that is a huge plus. I'm planning to get a Centurion grip for it as well.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I have never shot a an APX but have been interested in how they shot and functioned . They use a rotating barrel for lockup don't they?
    Last edited by onelight; 07-12-2020 at 05:42 PM.

It’s a Beretta. Let not your heart be troubled. It’ll be fine I’m sure. Every Beretta I’ve ever fired was a first class gun. Put a Fastfire or such on it and have a blast.

Ferg: You're going to like that pistol. I bought a 9mm APX a couple months ago. I liked it so much that I ordered one in 40S&W yesterday from Classic Firearms.My local gun shops supplier was out of stock on the 40s. I asked Classic for a custom quote and they knocked $40 off the asking price. With shipping. insurance,tax and transfer Just $403. Both of the APXs come with three magazines. 17rounders for the 9 and 15 for the 40. Gp

Awesome, glad to hear the good reports. The APX has the usual tilting barrel set up. The shop also had the single stack APX carry in stock. I was rather disappointed with that one, trigger pull is not nearly as good as the full size.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Nothing wrong with the triggers on the full sized APX. Mine breaks just fine. Much better than my old Glock 17. Gp

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Awesome, glad to hear the good reports. The APX has the usual tilting barrel set up. The shop also had the single stack APX carry in stock. I was rather disappointed with that one, trigger pull is not nearly as good as the full size.
    Ha , I need to catch up on my Berettas , I was thinking of the PX4 . The APEX looks very nice to.

Boolit Master

I was looking for the APX Compact .40 S&W or APX Centurion online and couldn't find any. Really wanted one in FDE or OD but they only make the 9mm in the colored models.
    Last edited by Idaho45guy; 07-12-2020 at 08:12 PM.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

My local shop has been getting the APX compact and carry pretty regularly. I think the made in Italy APX compact is a real bargain for $350.00. The APX carry costs the same, doesnt seem to be such a bargain to me.
    Last edited by FergusonTO35; 07-12-2020 at 11:05 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    Ferg: You're going to like that pistol. I bought a 9mm APX a couple months ago. I liked it so much that I ordered one in 40S&W yesterday from Classic Firearms.My local gun shops supplier was out of stock on the 40s. I asked Classic for a custom quote and they knocked $40 off the asking price. With shipping. insurance,tax and transfer Just $403. Both of the APXs come with three magazines. 17rounders for the 9 and 15 for the 40. Gp
    Dang! They're out today. Just tried to order the Centurion.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

I was on my computer when the Email came in with Beretta's for sale. Made a quick call to local gun shop for a price. Out of stock. Bought mine and SIL wanted one too. With in a few minutes they were all sold. Gp

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    I was on my computer when the Email came in with Beretta's for sale. Made a quick call to local gun shop for a price. Out of stock. Bought mine and SIL wanted one too. With in a few minutes they were all sold. Gp
    Always interested in trying out a mid-sized .40 S&W. Thought my M&P40c would be perfect, but the accuracy isn't great and it doesn't feel quite right in my hand. G19 is perfect, so thought I'd try the G23, but those are gone. Remembered the APX got rave reviews and actually got to handle one in the store and really like the feel and the trigger, and at $350, was a deal. Now they're gone.

Put in an email notice with a couple of suppliers, so we'll see...

Boolit Master

I have the full size APX in 40 cal. I love it, great trigger and great quality. Not a single burp or hiccup and dead accurate. I like the look and the grip feel is excellent.

Boolit Master

Sad that these were selling for $329 everywhere a few months ago. Just put a bid in on one online for $355. Doubt I'll win, but might as well try. The seller had around 6 of them and listed them all in an auction to cash in on the current panic. Another seller was listing them at $525 for a pistol with an MSRP of $399.

Just ordered some extra mags from Grab A Gun for it. With shipping they came out to $28.00 each total so that's pretty good.

Boolit Master

Didn't win my auction...

A pistol that was simply not popular and could be had for $329 a few months ago, with an MSRP of $399, and in a caliber that everyone says is awful, sold for $445. Now, I'm sure the pistol is worth the money as it gets rave reviews, and I would have liked to try one out, but I'm not going to contribute to the current insanity. Maybe next year.

I agree wholeheartedly. It is rather sad that the APX hasn't made much of an impact on it's competitors, seems like a really good gun that Beretta put alot of work into creating.

My Beretta APX 40S&W was picked up at my FFL yesterday and taken out to our local range. This handgun actually has a throat unlike most pistols that aren't very cast bullet friendly out of the box. Happy to say this barrel won't have to be sent off and throated. As a test,I loaded some rounds at .015 over max. COL and they feed without any failure to feed. I have to give a shout out to Classic Firearms. I ordered this pistol on Saturday and had it at the FFL out here in Idaho on Wednesday. Great service and price ($329) Now I'll just need to pay proper attention if letting others try the APXs at the range. The 40S&W and the 9X19 are identical other than caliber. Gp

Awesome. My Glock 22 with LWD barrel really likes 3.5 grains Clays/Lee 401-175-TC. I bet the APX would too.

Bailed out the APX yesterday, hope to do a quick range test today. The barrel appears to have very conventional rifling and my usual lead rounds all plunked just fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast