Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 92 ejector replacement ????

Boolit Buddy

92 ejector replacement ????

I have decided to replace my ejector & add a LITTLE stouter spring in my 92 44-40 ,, new ejectors are made a little big so some fitting is required,, the question is " dun-ta- dun " w/out a spring or collar on the ejector pushed in the bolt , should the ejector be flush w/ the face of the bolt ?

hav'n coffee,, Hootmix.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootmix View Post
    I have decided to replace my ejector & add a LITTLE stouter spring in my 92 44-40 ,, new ejectors are made a little big so some fitting is required,, the question is " dun-ta- dun " w/out a spring or collar on the ejector pushed in the bolt , should the ejector be flush w/ the face of the bolt ?

hav'n coffee,, Hootmix.
    No point in testing this without the lever assembled to the bolt as the lever pivot pin limits travel of the ejector via the scalloped cut on the upper side of it - needs to go at least flush with the bolt face - but I am thinking your real question is can it go in further and still be ok - dunno - never tested that - its enough trouble getting the dang thing assembled with the collar and spring in place so it works - be careful when you putting the lever pin in a 92 its easy to get things outta line and bust the firing pin - no hammer !!!!

Boolit Buddy
    greyhawk ,, it does try one's patience,, the reason for the question ,, my ( used ) Rossi ejector stood out from the face , when pushed in w/ out spring and collar,, just a tad ,, but this also has to do w/ head space, so I lightly filed it flat until the front rim of the case was flush to the depth of the face of the bolt, I put spring,, collar,, lever pin in each time I tested it . Then i fixed a little stronger ejector spring, I like the feel much better ,, but the ejector does need to be replaced ,the two bottom support fingers are worn down. Thanks for reply.

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix