Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where have all the guns gone!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jniedbalski View Post
    Went to my local store today. They had plenty of ammo and guns. He still had a decent supply of powder and reloading supplies. The 19.89 a pound of unique,bullseye ,red dot,green dot, and blue dot ,herco ,Where about 3/4 gone after three months on sale. This is a small farming community so every body is already stocked up
    Same in my area. Folks are well armed naturally. Going to pick up some primers today inspite of the price being $40/1000. Plenty of powder too.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master

Was working tonight when one of the young guys came in and asked if I reloaded. I tentatively replied that I did. He said his wife and he got their first gun a couple of months ago and she stopped by the LGS and asked for 9mm bullets.

They sold her a box of Hornady XTP 9mm bullets rather than the ammunition she needed. He asked me if I wanted to buy them from him.

Last time I was there, they were completely out of 9mm ammo and bullets, so I said sure. No matter what weight they are, I'll find a use for them.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Watched 5 ar pistols sold at the local shop , all to young black guys . They like the short barrel and wrist brace that extends to make it where you can shoot it like a rifle . They said they are legal to carry in a car like a handgun but function as a rifle. Wonder why they are doing that all of a sudden ? The .300 Blackout seems to be the popular caliber .
    Last edited by Eddie Southgate; 07-26-2020 at 12:17 PM.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Was working tonight when one of the young guys came in and asked if I reloaded. I tentatively replied that I did. He said his wife and he got their first gun a couple of months ago and she stopped by the LGS and asked for 9mm bullets.

They sold her a box of Hornady XTP 9mm bullets rather than the ammunition she needed. He asked me if I wanted to buy them from him.

Last time I was there, they were completely out of 9mm ammo and bullets, so I said sure. No matter what weight they are, I'll find a use for them.
    This is why nomenclature matters. Bullets are the projectile and not the loaded round.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    Watched 5 ar pistols sold at the local shop , all to young black guys . They like the short barrel and wrist brace that extends to make it where you can shoot it like a rifle . They said they are legal to carry in a car like a handgun but function as a rifle. Wonder why they are doing that all of a sudden ? The .300 Blackout seems to be the popular caliber .

It's not all of a sudden. It's been going on for almost a decade. The braced pistol has it's advantages. It's smaller than a rifle. It can be carried loaded in a vehicle in many states where carrying a loaded rifle would be illegal.

One could pay the tithe to the King and have an SBR but then you need to as permission to move it across state lines.

I've got two complete AR pistols, as soon as my brace shows up I'll have a braced Ruger Charger 22 LR version, and I'm looking for a 10" 7.62x39 upper to build another pistol.
    NRA Benefactor.

Hopefully I’ll get to the Raleigh show next weekend but I’ll wear a mask. Can’t imagine how they could social distance as its usually wall to wall. Don’t really need anything but would love to go but haven’t totally made up my mind. I wisely stocked up on powder, primers and .22s after they came back from the last draught. The pawn shop/gun store that does my transfers has plenty of firearms.

Boolit Master
    Lucky I caught a local close out on SPPs late last year & bought 30,000.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234