Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTS MP Molds, casting pot, luber

Boolit Master
    WATCH OUT -- several people in this for-sale thread and the other for-sale thread (AK47 kits, etc.) have said
    that his several emails accounts have all been shut down and email now comes back as "account does not exist",
    and there have been several instances of 3+ people saying that he told then they all could have the same item
    (which he only had 1 of) and the multiple people have sent him payment for the same item weeks ago,
    and now he has disappeared.

FYI covid doesn't make your several email accounts get shut down/disabled, nor does it make your phone numbers get disconnected.

I smell a thief.

I got screwed for the New Lee lead pot.......I stopped payment for the check as the bank said it hadn't been cashed and closed my checking account so he can't get at me this way but still cost me$30. but other people bought the same item and all the other stuff he ripped people off for I sent a check to Donte Wilkerson 2251 S. Green Street Longview Texas 75602 his posted on this site is Humble texas or about 300 miles south of where I sent payment..........we need to get a rope and set a example to others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by winchester 71 View Post
    2251 S. Green Street Longview Texas 75602
    That address is for a Dollar General store, so if he had mail sent there, then either he works there or knows somebody that does.

UPDATE:
    PayPal is finished with their investigation and is refunding me.
    This is why PayPal is a good thing to pay with if it's not something that's actually against their rules, just don't be dumb and put "GUNS! GUNS gunny gun guns!" in the memo and you'll generally be OK.

Boolit Master

why is this a sticky?
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    why is this a sticky?
    My guess is because the originator of the thread defrauded several members here and this serves as a way to keep this thread and the other 2 that the fraudster had started, to keep them all together for investigation purposes.

Boolit Bub
    SirNomad,

I am assuming you used regular Paypal, not Friends & Family? I have not pursued any refund since I foolishly used F & F with the fraudster. I have been JerryCanned!!

Exactly. If they don't insist on friends and family, I use regular PayPal by default. This is not the first time I've had to request a refund for something that never showed, and I got really lucky the guy's account "got frozen with the funds in it" before he had a chance to drain it. I actually had to request a refund on another item this past week, but it was only a $5 item, not 115. I am so bummed at not getting the casting pot or the hollow point mold, those were decent prices and I could really use them.

Update: I got my money back. I know most of the reasons y'all use "friends and family", but honestly, I think the built-in protection is a very strong reason for buyers to want to use regular PayPal instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    SirNomad,

I am assuming you used regular Paypal, not Friends & Family? I have not pursued any refund since I foolishly used F & F with the fraudster. I have been JerryCanned!!
    Last edited by SirNomad; 08-04-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Never use "Friends & Family" to purchase anything.
    Tell the seller to add 3-4% to cover their PayPal fees and all is good. If they wont, then you know it is a scam.

Boolit Buddy
    Here's the thing.... Don't spend a bunch of money on stuff unless you see a pic. Buy from people who take the time to learn how to post images. That confirms they have the item. Even better if they can provide images of all the items being sold show in the same setting (like how I take pics on my desk). That way people know I actually have this item.

Better yet, there is another site I post other goods on (not cast boolit related) and they have a great policy where you have to post a picture and include a piece of paper or post it note in the picture with your username and the date.

That way the buyer knows the seller has the item. No stock photos are used. And no other people on the interwebs can take that photo and pretend they own the item.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimner View Post
    Here's the thing.... Don't spend a bunch of money on stuff unless you see a pic. Buy from people who take the time to learn how to post images. That confirms they have the item. Even better if they can provide images of all the items being sold show in the same setting (like how I take pics on my desk). That way people know I actually have this item.

Better yet, there is another site I post other goods on (not cast boolit related) and they have a great policy where you have to post a picture and include a piece of paper or post it note in the picture with your username and the date.

That way the buyer knows the seller has the item. No stock photos are used. And no other people on the interwebs can take that photo and pretend they own the item.
    He sent me pictures (good ones) of the mold and brass I got ripped off on. He sent them to my email address from his. That's usually a good sign. Not here....

1st give away....Jerry Can as in Gerry metal Gas Can
    2nd give away join date 2020
    3rd give away 30 post

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    SirNomad,

Give paypal a call. I made the mistake of sending a payment via f&f a few months back.

It needed to be refunded, I called them and told the CS rep what I did and I had money back after their investigation by the end of the following week.
    I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.

My Feedback Thread<->http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...7793-possom813

Boolit Master
    I’ve gotten money back from PayPal when I use friends and family.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12