Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersLoad Data
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: .45 ACP Colt Defender

Boolit Master

.45 ACP Colt Defender

I just got one of these runs pretty good sofar, just wondereing what the good, bad & ugly experiences others have had with Colt Defender.

Sure is a hand full with 185 gr +P loads.

Boolit Grand Master
    A bit leery of them because the 1911 was never intended to be shrunk that much and operating parameters get out of balance. Slide travel causes problems and magazine springs do not advance cartridges at speeds necessary to ensure reliable function once springs wear a bit.

Just my opinion from owning and shooting them. This applies to the size of the gun more so than the make.

I have a Colt New Agent that I’ve put a set of laser grips on as it only has a ‘sight trough’. Thinking it’s very similar sized Colt. Haven’t shot it a lot but so far so good. I would shoot it a lot more before I made it a edc.

I have had my defender for quite some time, not ammo finicky and more accurate than several of my full size 1911’s. The factory extractor did break, had my smith put in a new one. It is one of my favorite pistols.

Boolit Grand Master
    Mine had issues. It was a little finicky about feeding at first, I had also had the the extractor break. But I put in a new one, lightly polished the feed ramp and the feed rails on the one suspect mag. I got it running right about 2015 but never trusted it after that and sold it to a friend who thought it was the answer to his dreams and he is still shooting it as far as I know.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.