MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2

Thread: Anyone use a ultimate sorter? How do you like it?

Boolit Bub

Anyone use a ultimate sorter? How do you like it?

Pretty much what it says looking for reviews on the intimate sorter model 4

Banned

1500 bucks to separate brass? You must do a heck of a lot of shooting. Now an intimate sorter would have been worth that when I was young! Would have saved me lots of money on divorce!

Boolit Buddy
    I have one and it works pretty well but not worth the setup if it's only a small amount of brass. Now that I think about it, I haven't gotten it out in over a year...

Boolit Bub
    Looking to sell it?

Boolit Bub
    I have been thinking about a roller sorter but they take up so much space that I don’t think I have

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    1500 bucks to separate brass? You must do a heck of a lot of shooting. Now an intimate sorter would have been worth that when I was young! Would have saved me lots of money on divorce!
    And headache!

At that price you need to be in the business of selling used brass to make it worth it.
    Leo

I never used one but they seemed to not be very specific in sorting, everything is going to be in one of just 3 bins.

The Ultimate Sorter Model 2 performs sorting based primarily upon case diameter. The bag below the hopper will contain 22 rimfire, dust, dirt and debris. Bin-1 will contain 9MM and other similar size cases including 380ACP, 9x18 and 5.56/.223 Remington. Bin-2 will contain 40 S&W, 38 Cal & 357 Magnum. It will also contain 7.65/308 Winchester, 10MM and 357SIG. Finally, Bin-3 will contain all larger cases including 45ACP, 50AE, 500 S&W, 44 Magnum and 45 Long Colt.
    Not sure why .308 Winchester falls into the .40 bin but that’s from their website.

I think you can get other trays and make multiple passes but still not sure what you wind up with mixed.

I also went down the vibration road before that one existed and found more happiness in counter rotating rollers.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    I never used one but they seemed to not be very specific in sorting, everything is going to be in one of just 3 bins.

Not sure why .308 Winchester falls into the .40 bin but that’s from their website.

I think you can get other trays and make multiple passes but still not sure what you wind up with mixed.

I also went down the vibration road before that one existed and found more happiness in counter rotating rollers.

I like your set up but it’s big what did you use to get the rollers to counter rotate?
    Not a Marxist or supporter of any Marxist organization not matter what their name is

NRA Life Member

Stop the video around :22 seconds in and you can see two gears on the end of the rollers. They not only make the rollers counter rotate but allow you to “clock” the rollers if they are not perfectly straight, canceling out the run out vs making it worse.

To visualize that, if the rollers are curved they could run like this at 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees of rotation II, (), II, )( or you could clock them so it’s like this II, ((, II, )) instead.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Stop the video around :22 seconds in and you can see two gears on the end of the rollers. They not only make the rollers counter rotate but allow you to “clock” the rollers if they are not perfectly straight, canceling out the run out vs making it worse.

To visualize that, if the rollers are curved they could run like this at 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees of rotation II, (), II, )( or you could clock them so it’s like this II, ((, II, )) instead.
    Ah got it yea that seem like a simple way to do it thanks seems like you wouldn't need much of a motor to turn it
    Not a Marxist or supporter of any Marxist organization not matter what their name is

NRA Life Member

Boolit Master

I pick them by hand. And tumble by caliber. Then add the clean ones to the bin for that caliber. I do that as i find brass. I let it pile up one time. It got overwhelming. So now i process as a find it. if im out shooting my own brass. I put the spent casings back in the box it came from.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    Another excellent machine from jmorris thanks for showing us the video .