MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I guess amazon is ending the free shipping

Boolit Grand Master
    Sorry, I checked again and prime is $119 a year.
    Computer's fault.
    It should have known it was suppose to be $119 and not $199.
    It's not my fault.
    The mask got in the way, so I didn't see the numbers correct.
    My glasses got foggy so I couldn't see good.
    The cat was bothering me.
    It's not my fault.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    stupid question, does the fire stick, hulu, and whatever else you guys were talking about need internet service to work, im assuming it does.
    I don't know about Amazon. Both Netflix and Hulu allow you to download movies so you can watch without internet. So yes, you need the internet at some point, but not to watch it.

I cancelled Netflix when the company gave the Obama's millions to develop programming for them. I cancelled Amazon last month when they voiced support for anti-American causes, but my Prime account is paid up until January so it is still active. Led to a big argument with my wife - I will not fund the anti-American agenda with my dollars.
    I love the service Amazon provides and hope a constitutional alternative springs up.
    Tony

Looks like Amazon took a $11 million stance.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-justice-funds
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Rancher yes, and in fact needs a GOOD internet connection and either a lan port (fire tv) or wifi. And too many wifi devices working at once will slow streaming down to a crawl. I first invested in a wifi booster, then the fire tv with the lan port. No streaming, click, flick and its running. And dial up ain't going to cut it.

I'd say DSL as a low end, I'm running cable internet with very good download speed. Costs me 100$ a month but I use it for a lot. So for me worth it.

If your out in the back of nowhere chances are Dish or Direct TV are your best bets.

Boolit Buddy

We do amazon and netflix on 2.8 mbps DSL, it's all we can get. SAT Tv and internet is a joke here with the little sat dishes, a good rain shower shuts them right down.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Sorry, I checked again and prime is $119 a year.
    Computer's fault.
    It should have known it was suppose to be $119 and not $199.
    It's not my fault.
    The mask got in the way, so I didn't see the numbers correct.
    My glasses got foggy so I couldn't see good.
    The cat was bothering me.
    It's not my fault.
    Why am I hearing "That's my story and I'm sticking to it!" when I read that?

I usually just say it's my fat fingers. Followed by "that's my story..."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    All you have to do is do an online contact for customer service. They usually will give you at least a 50% credit to your account for your next purchase. I have done it 3 times and all 3 times I got at least 50%.
    They hung up on me when I requested a refund. I pulled the plug. I order mostly for business. Maybe deliver, maybe not isn't acceptable.

I am on satellite and movies don't work so if they can't deliver product they are out of here.
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 07-09-2020 at 09:07 AM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

the only way we can get internet here is with a cell phone plan and there is no way a person could afford the data plan for constant downloads, was a nice thought.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master
    I am a satisfied user of Amazon Prime. Living in a very remote area is it a great option for me. 25 miles to a town of 4,000 and selection is limited. I can buy almost anything I need and have it shipped to my door in a couple of days. I have bought stuff that ships from China directly and the wait is long but I know that up front. If I need something faster, I find an item that ships from the US.

I could boycott all the companies that are liberal but since there are no viable alternatives that would be silly in my situation. I can boycott the NFL, NBA, NASCAR etc etc as I do not need them.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I am a satisfied user of Amazon Prime. Living in a very remote area is it a great option for me. 25 miles to a town of 4,000 and selection is limited. I can buy almost anything I need and have it shipped to my door in a couple of days. I have bought stuff that ships from China directly and the wait is long but I know that up front. If I need something faster, I find an item that ships from the US.

I could boycott all the companies that are liberal but since there are no viable alternatives that would be silly in my situation. I can boycott the NFL, NBA, NASCAR etc etc as I do not need them.
    I live in a metropolitan (for certain values thereof) area so I can pretty much do without them. In your position, I might feel otherwise, but in mine they have messed things up for me far too many times, and the messing up started well before Covid-19. I understand that when you're shipping with another carrier, you don't have any control over what the carrier does. When you have your own carrier, and THEY can't deliver when they promised, it is a whole 'nother story. I've bought from Banggood, and ebay, and grainger, and many others. Only Amazon has fouled up that badly, that often. I'm not a business, but when I order something I need, I need it, not excuses. Heck, I even got a 'Your shipping address is invalid" from them once. Same address they've been shipping to me for as long as I've been a customer. Crap like that doesn't fly. And it does attract flies!

I have ad more issues with The Home Depot than Amazon over the past 20 years. I have a propane gas grill in the system somewhere that has disappeared, it was for the 4th of July with a promised arrival date of July 2nd.

Haven't had that happen with Amazon myself.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
    I cancelled Netflix when the company gave the Obama's millions to develop programming for them. I cancelled Amazon last month when they voiced support for anti-American causes, but my Prime account is paid up until January so it is still active. Led to a big argument with my wife - I will not fund the anti-American agenda with my dollars.
    I love the service Amazon provides and hope a constitutional alternative springs up.
    Tony
    Amazon is also a supporter of "renewable" energy, which is a farce, so yes, I am also looking for an alternative to Amazon.

Boolit Master

Amazon has become non competitive IMO, their prices reflect shipping already worked in on many items. I have had to comparison shop when I am looking for specific items. I still use them as the whole family uses them and can usually make it worth it, but it is getting harder to make it so.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    We signed up for Prime this year - $119.00. As another stated, one of the reason was to get the videos.

Where we are here in AZ, it's at least sa 15 to 20 mile drive to get to a variety of stores. During all of this Covid 19 hoopla, it as been a godsend as we haver ordered a lot of things that would have required ut to drive a distance to find, and most of the stores would have been closed due to the quarantine as it was - and is still for some. I did notice that the delivery time, over time, was not as "quick" on some things but hey . . . . why has been going on in this country has affected the delivery times of the UPS, USPS and FedEx as well - not a biggie for us.

The one thing that I do object to is opening up a commercial site to do business with them (Amazon) and the first thing that hits me is a "pop up" declaring all they contribute to charities and the BLM movement. Sorry, but regardless of what political party you lean towards, business and politics don't mix. But perhaps my views are because I am old and was in business for many years. When I saw that "pop up" the other day, the first thing I wondered was if they would be so "political" if one of their warehouses had been in an area where the protests had been held that resulted in businesses being burned and looted? Perhaps the "backers" of the protests who funded and planned them should have picked an area where Amazon had a warehouse - the "pick-ins" would have been much better.

Amazon is like a necessary evil . . . . it provides a place for people to get things that otherwise they wouldn't have been able to get during all of the quarantines . . . . it provides many jobs for many Americans . . . . but unfortunately, they also mix politics with business . . .. and that is never a good thing.

I want to keep my money from anyone that is anti-American or really has a 180 with my viewpoints. If I really try and to this, I'd most likely starve and be nekid.
    All I can do is REDUCE where I can. I don't like any big tech, but they are all left wing.

Boolit Grand Master

Amazon is going to be handled in short order. It will most likely come from the EU first. Their practice of using third party sellers data to produce products that undercut the third party sellers is the epitome of anti-competitive practices.

What sucks is a lot of Amazon Basics products are decent. I like their clothing line. It’s very hard to find clothes that fit as I’m between sizes and slim. Amazon is the only place I’ve been able to find clothes that actually fit. And thanks to Prime Wardrobe they are shipped to my house at no charge to try on and I only pay for what I keep.

I travel for work so Amazon is a necessity. I don’t have little time on weekends to run around looking for items. Anything I order during the week is held for delivery in Friday so it’s on my porch when I get home. I routinely ship items ahead of me to hotels if I know something is needed in. Same for shipping to hotels during the week if something is needed.

I know you’re paying more w/ them for the convenience. It’s very easy for me to spend a few minutes and have an order completed. Compared to trying to use a site like Graingers, having to pick it up at a local store and end up paying a lot more. I wish they wouldnt wade into politics but no one learned from Michael Jordan when he said “republicans buy sneakers too”.

Boolit Master
    I cancelled my prime membership when they supported BLM openly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    They hung up on me when I requested a refund. I pulled the plug. I order mostly for business. Maybe deliver, maybe not isn't acceptable.

I am on satellite and movies don't work so if they can't deliver product they are out of here.
    Thats why you do it on the chat over the internet.

Banned

Anything you can get on Amazon you can get from Walmart online. The prices will be exactly the same also. Seems I can look at walmart first and the price will be a little cheaper. Then if I look at Amazon then go back to Walmart to get the cheaper price the price will have instantly gone up to the Amazon price.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast