RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I guess amazon is ending the free shipping

Boolit Grand Master

I guess amazon is ending the free shipping

Wanted to order some stuff, and they want to give you a trial of prime with the free shipping.
    prime is $199 a year.
    Not worth it for me.
    Friend has prime, I'll just ask him to order for me.
    I'll probably be ordering less from them now.
    Free shipping saved a lots for me.

Boolit Master
    I got a friend that has prime. When I do some work around her house, I bank it with her and order stuff from Amazon through her. Got a great omni directional antenna that picks up 56 stations at 720p or better.

UPS drops stuff at her house 7 days a week. Her Kangal is tuned to the sound of the brown box truck.
    Last edited by jsizemore; 07-08-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Maybe just way out there since its so far off shore.
    The 'confuser programs are pretty smart now days.
    They know your location, and adjust other programs accordingly, such as for shipping.
    To test the theory- put in a stateside zip code & address for a 'free shipping item' order,
    and another one for a address out there. See it the shipping is different.

I just ordered a couple of new (Flotron: made in USA) bug zappers 10 minutes ago,
    they had free shipping, but a huge Amazon hub is only 75 miles away in Dallas.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    I just Cancelled Prime. The last 2 orders were late and no show despite a Guarantee. Customer Service hung up on me when I requested a refund.

If you pay shipping you have some recourse but Amazon Prime is a Bad Joke.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master

I've been using a prime member for years. It easily pays for itself, and is no joke. You can't hold anything against a company for a couple days late at the moment. When the world was normal a few months ago (or as normal as it gets), I could order from Amazon, and it would either be there the next morning on my step, or two days. I'm still waiting on orders from other places that I placed 4 weeks ago. Amazon has still been consistently 1 to 4 days. The only thing that can compete is Precision Reloading. $6 shipping, and every single time it is on my door step the next morning (usually only 12 hours later).

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Wanted to order some stuff, and they want to give you a trial of prime with the free shipping.
    prime is $199 a year.
    Not worth it for me.
    Friend has prime, I'll just ask him to order for me.
    I'll probably be ordering less from them now.
    Free shipping saved a lots for me.
    I only pay $119 a year, it's not perfect but beats driving into town and spending half a day searching for something. I can get some items same day.

Boolit Master

I ordered a tumbler from amazon recently. I got free shipping. They did offer a trail of prime. I declined.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master

I guess amazon is ending the free shipping

Prime is $119 a year. I have it specifically for the video content. It’s cheaper than Netflix and Hulu and has better original programming. The shipping is just a bonus to me.

Everything is a mess in the world right now. Amazon, major retailers and local stores don’t have the stock they used to have. They don’t know when they will have it back in stock. And the shipping companies are still swamped because people are ordering what they can.

I spent two hours driving around to local store to find shoes for my oldest son. None of them had a single pair available in his size. Went on Amazon and had him pick out three styles that he likes. Ordered all of them in two different sizes through Prime Wardrobe. They’re supposed to arrive Friday for him to try on and there is no money out of my pocket. The ones we don’t keep will be sent back free of charge. You really can’t beat this type of service.

I ordered a bunch of odds and like nail clippers and band-aids the other day. Package arrived next day. I know it’s because of where I live. But next day shipping is available on more items every day.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    I just Cancelled Prime. The last 2 orders were late and no show despite a Guarantee. Customer Service hung up on me when I requested a refund.

If you pay shipping you have some recourse but Amazon Prime is a Bad Joke.
    I've had prime since it was started, was an amazon customer before that. I've had about six items in the 6 or 8 months that didn't make it at all, three or four more that were very late, and I think four or five that were "damaged in shipping" and returned to them before they got to me, and I had to wait for my refund until the stuff got back or call and raise cain. My wife is still buying groceries from them. I may buy the odd book, but when this prime subscription is done, so am I. In the past ten years, I've probably spent at least $20K with them. I'm hoping someone will decide to learn from all this, and go into competition with them.

Boolit Master

Yes shipping is having some issues. I ordered a scope from NY. Usually i have stuff from them in 48 hours. UPS changed my delivery date 3 times last time.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Amazon offered me prime in an email. Did not know enough about it then to want to bite.
    A year later they sent another email detailing how much I would have saved on shipping if I had gone with prime.

Well that convinced me.

Since then we have added a Amazon Fire TV and a Fire stick for living room and bedroom.
    I like having a LOT of options to watch. We cut cable back to 35$ a month basic and that alone pays for prime in a few months. Also pays for netflix and hulu.

And I'm still money ahead.

Yes, during these troubled times some companys that lost most of their trained workforce can take a month to arrive.
    On the whole most things arrive within 3 days. But we live in Fargo ND which adds another day from the nearest big hub.
    Still worth it in my book.
    Walmart over 35$ order is free shipping but it always takes at least a week longer to arrive, sometimes more like 10 days.

But its a free country, everyone gets to make their own choices.
    Me overall I am happy with Amazon and prime.

Boolit Buddy
    Wait it went to $199 ? I dropped my prime at $119. Amazon prime are not competitive anymore. I’ve used to shop A LOT at amazon fe years back. Now almost any online vendor will give you better prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I cant complain, my account says I've been with them since 2001, I have used them at every place I have worked since then and have probably spent a quarter million in the past 19 years on toilets, sinks, plumbing, repair parts, HVACR, tires, you name it!

Just this week I bought batteries, 100 packs of AA and AAA, we do use a few; M20x2.5x200mm bolts, Peltor earmuffs, a trailer light kit (in pieces, Ill assemble), spark plugs and a circular saw!

Frankly, I can get stuff faster than I can work up a shopping list, comparison shop online, plan the trip from home and back and make the trip. Costs less to.

Remember those toilets? 48 of them for a remodel, $84.07 each, free shipping on Prime.

From the factory they run $75.00 each plus $92.95 each for shipping. $4461.60 in shipping!!!!

Yupper, I'm staying with Amazon Prime.

Boolit Buddy
    The boss has prime so I am on the family plan. Every package I get is reviewed though. Apparently I buy too much.

Boolit Grand Master

Is the a HI only thing? Just renewed Prime and it was $119.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

We've had it for years and utilize it fully, so I feel that we more than get our money's worth. We use the streaming service quite a bit, as well as their music streaming service. There was some slow down on shipping during the COVID stuff, but that is to be expected. Whenever possible, I subscribe and save items and get most things 15% off. Throw it on their card, get 5% cash, and as long as you are using credit properly and paying it off, it's effectively a 20% discount on much of what we use on a monthly basis.

I keep a close on eye on the pricing vs local on the subscribe and save items and am constantly adjusting the subscriptions based on coupons, price fluctuations, etc. It takes some time, but that is time and gas I would have spent driving 45 minutes each way to the closest big store.

My mail lady is constantly giving me crap but even just out dog food is $20 cheaper than at Farm and Fleet or Fleet Farm, even on sale. At a bag a month, we more than save the cost of prime just on the subscribe and save savings on our 1 bag of dog food each month.

My parents are on our account as family for shipping, but they don't get the streaming services with that. I don't charge them at all for it, but it's nice that they don't have to pay.

Boolit Master

stupid question, does the fire stick, hulu, and whatever else you guys were talking about need internet service to work, im assuming it does.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Banned
    yes they require an internet connection

Boolit Master
    deleted

Banned

All you have to do is do an online contact for customer service. They usually will give you at least a 50% credit to your account for your next purchase. I have done it 3 times and all 3 times I got at least 50%.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast