RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reverse Glocked brass.

Boolit Master

Reverse Glocked brass.

Here is an interesting one. I think they were fired in 40sw.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8427.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	264609
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

It sure looks like it...did you put a micrometer on it?

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

No but i put them mouth to mouth with a 40 casing.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Buddy
    Interesting! What’s the backstory?

Boolit Master

Just found them on my brass round up. There were shooting 40sw too. I'll put them with my strange findings.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Grand Master

That’s what happens when you shoot 9mm out of a 40 S&W gun. They go bang but don’t eject. Don’t ask me how I know.

Well, that blows that "Head Space on the Case Mouth" argument plumb outta the water, don't it?

Jerry
    Buzzard's luck!! Can't kill nothin', nothin'll die!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by KYCaster View Post
    Well, that blows that "Head Space on the Case Mouth" argument plumb outta the water, don't it?

Jerry
    Not really. It just means the extractor is long enough to hold the case secure enough to fire.

It fairly common for the 10mm crowd to shoot 40 S&W in their guns

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/40-in-a-10mm-glock/
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Same thing, 40sw in a 1911!
    At the range had my Guns laid out, about two foot between the Guns with the right ammo! One of my friend's comes up to me and says the gun 'jammed'! Drop the magazine, racking the slide hard, out comes a 40sw case bulged out to 45ACP! "I fired twice, second one didn't eject,' he says. Looking at the magazine he had filled the mag with 40sw!!! He never shot any more of my weapons. I was glad that it didn't hurt him or my 1911! No sense in explaining what could have happened to him he was clue less.

I found a couple of9mm that looked just like that and determined that they were fired in a 40 (I had a 40 cal. bullet on my bench). They make an interesting knick knack.

Jerry
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    Not really. It just means the extractor is long enough to hold the case secure enough to fire.

It fairly common for the 10mm crowd to shoot 40 S&W in their guns

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/40-in-a-10mm-glock/
    Quote Originally Posted by 45workhorse View Post
    Same thing, 40sw in a 1911!
    At the range had my Guns laid out, about two foot between the Guns with the right ammo! One of my friend's comes up to me and says the gun 'jammed'! Drop the magazine, racking the slide hard, out comes a 40sw case bulged out to 45ACP! "I fired twice, second one didn't eject,' he says. Looking at the magazine he had filled the mag with 40sw!!! He never shot any more of my weapons. I was glad that it didn't hurt him or my 1911! No sense in explaining what could have happened to him he was clue less.

Exactly my point!
    That "long extractor" has saved a lot of idiots from damaging a lot of guns.
    Seems to work most every time. Kinda like the cartridge head spaces on the extractor, not on the case mouth.

Jerry
    Buzzard's luck!! Can't kill nothin', nothin'll die!!

Boolit Master
    I first saw that on a commercial range that rented guns. Somehow the counter guy rented a forty Ruger and sold the customer 9 parabellum ammo. A minute later I saw him flying into to range to stop the customer but he'd already started shooting, and was staring at the funny looking keyhole hits on his target. I found a few of those cases on the floor behind his shooting lane.

Boolit Master
    my son loaded one round of 223 in the middle of a mag of 7.62X39. it self-loaded and fired but did not extract/eject, and had filled the chamber. like this. he did the same thing with 32 ACP in a tokarev, with same result.

he was 10, or so.

Boolit Grand Master

You sure those aren't 38-40? I can't believe they ever fired at all!

Boolit Master
    When I saw the pictures the 10 year old in me thought "cool, I ought to try that in my Glock 23", but the 62 year old in me said "Do you value your face, eyes and fingers?"
    The age and maturity in me barely won the argument.

Boolit Grand Master

Exactly my point!
    That "long extractor" has saved a lot of idiots from damaging a lot of guns.
    Seems to work most every time. Kinda like the cartridge head spaces on the extractor, not on the case mouth.

Jerry
    Does it work? Yes, as you pointed out most of the time it does. Is it less than ideal yes. The same can be done some bottleneck higher pressures bottleneck cartridges is some actions/chambers. With straight wall lower pressure cartridges the same headspace issues exist but due to the lower pressure the the problems are minimized. As to saving idiots from damaging guns using the extractor to hold the case most likely induces excessive headspace. In the example of 40 S&W fired in 10mm chambers if the extractor wasn't holding the case it mostly likely would not fire. On bottleneck cartridges like the 30/06 even something as short as a 6mm BR will fire if even without an extractor since the case will only go so deep into the taper of the chamber.

My one and only accidental firing of the wrong cartridge is the wrong chamber was five 6mm BR's in a 6mm XC chamber. I was doing some match load development on to identical rifles (except for the chambering). Both Tikka 595's Master Sporters. I had just re-barreled them wanted to see if I had any barrel walking issues. Five shots in rapid fire cadence. When I reached for the 2nd mag I noticed the brass was very odd. 6mm BR in a 6mm XC chamber will blow the case straight except for a small portion that does in the 6mm XC shoulder. They did shoot to the same POI and groups was not much larger than with the correct ammo a 200 yards.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 07-09-2020 at 05:30 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

They are 9mm. I checked when i found them.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Grand Master

I have found 308/7.62 on ranges with no shoulder or neck left fired in a 30-06 chamber 1 time was at home club member had a garand with insert in it that pulled out on extraction. 2nd was at a leg match older gentleman was issued 308 from the ammo truck for his garand. ( Im showing may age now issue ammo at a leg match).
    Ive also seen the above 40 sw in a 45 and 9mm in a 40

Boolit Buddy

Those cases look to be from the rare Burnside pistol, yeah thats it....

Boolit Master
    I've found a few "fireformed wildcats" when scrounging brass at the range.
    7mm express fired in 7mm mag, 40 in a 45, 41 in a 44, 32 auto in a 380 or 9mm, 9mm that blew out over an unsupported feed ramp or fired out of battery and a 9mm that fired out of battery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast