PBcastcoInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now The Marlin Gun Owners Forum Is Fouled Up!

Boolit Master

Now The Marlin Gun Owners Forum Is Fouled Up!

Now the Marlin owners forum is fouled up!

I try to sign in and it rejects my pass word, repeatedly. I do a reset but my email has since changed and so that is a dead end.

Does somebody have an idea how to get a message to admin. over there?

Best Regards

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master

Yep - Say it aint so. I tried to log on to the 25-20 reloaders thread and found i could NOT. When i tried to reset my password I could NOT - Old email address in place. In order to reset or change my password or email address it would only do so with a redirect that forced me to register with Google or Facebook - I will NOT do either. Apparently the site has been aquired by a Canadian company which set it up to go through the dreaded Google or Facebook. Disgusting! I couldn't find any way to communicate with admin
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    marlinowners acquired by Canadian company? marlin was acquired by Remington now headed into bankruptcy , writing on the wall? it was a good website

Someone is always changing SOMETHING for the better in the computer world. I had months long struggles getting my log on issues fixed at both Noe (thanks Al for getting on the phone with me to get back on) and over at the CBA before I found out that it was a site problem and not my lack of computer skills. I don't want the new and better. Just leave things alone! Gp

Banned
    verticalscope.com would be the new owner. They took over Varminthunters.com a couple of years ago and created total chaos with passwords and ability to log in. They don't respond to cries for help so most members had to rejoin with new accounts.

Don't panic, but keep calm and keep trying to get in, eventually you will succeed. It's aggravating and there's no way around that.

I just shot a note to the Admin over there...I'll let you know what he says for contact information.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Here is the contact page that the admin sent me.

https://www.marlinowners.com/help/contact/

redhawk

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    FYI I just logged in with no issue
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    marlinowners acquired by Canadian company?
    If it’s the company I’m thinking of they have a history of destroying once thriving forums. They are simply in it for ad revenue and don’t care about anything else. I was able to log in through Tapatalk w/ no issues. And there are lots of complaints about the new forum software. This is what leads me to believe it’s the company I’m thinking of because this is usually the start of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    If it’s the company I’m thinking of they have a history of destroying once thriving forums. They are simply in it for ad revenue and don’t care about anything else. I was able to log in through Tapatalk w/ no issues. And there are lots of complaints about the new forum software. This is what leads me to believe it’s the company I’m thinking of because this is usually the start of the end.
    Yes it is....lots of bad mouthing the new forum "owner" on that forum. Sorry to say....It won't be long til it collapses.

Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada

redhawk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk0 View Post
    Yes it is....lots of bad mouthing the new forum "owner" on that forum. Sorry to say....It won't be long til it collapses.
    That’s a shame. I’ve lost count of how many car forums they’ve destroyed.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Looks like they updated their webpage in the last couple days. I’m automatically logged in so I didn’t get kicked out. It’s kinda weird trying to find things on the updated site.

I'm trying to give it a fair shake....but......the jury is still out on whether I stay.

redhawk

Boolit Master
    The same thing happened to me on the Ruger forum. When I clicked on Help I was told they didn't recognize my email address. In other words, you can't get there from where you are and we don't care. I gave up.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

Was able to log in and root around the new format...

Never spent much time there after I bought my 1894 and discovered it was garbage compared to my JM 1894. Good folks there, though. Sad about the Canadians taking over all of the internet forums. They took over Glock Talk a couple of years ago and I no longer go there.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    verticalscope.com would be the new owner. They took over Varminthunters.com a couple of years ago and created total chaos with passwords and ability to log in. They don't respond to cries for help so most members had to rejoin with new accounts.

Don't panic, but keep calm and keep trying to get in, eventually you will succeed. It's aggravating and there's no way around that.
    Verticalscope acquired my beloved motorcycle forum many years ago, along with many others. They were absolutely the death of gixxer.com.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have to say they had some good reads on lightening triggers. Got mine down to 2 1/4 pounds with the help. Also on properly head-spacing and proper primer seating on fail to fire issues. My 336 had some random ammo that took two strikes of the hammer to ignite. I also had what felt like a little binding of the rear half of the firing pin. Members over there helped me out. Hope the forum is around for a while.

Boolit Master
    It is/was a great forum, the members ARE great (me exempted) but if you can’t get in after being a member for years and no marks against you, what’s the use?

I tried the link and could not get my plea for assistance sent because the new owners do not recognize my Mail.com based address as a legitemet one.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

I went on there last night and I can’t even find the option to view my posts to see if I had any replies. I don’t care for the upgraded site.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    I went on there last night and I can’t even find the option to view my posts to see if I had any replies. I don’t care for the upgraded site.
    I stay logged in and dont care for the new format at all. If it worked why change it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast