Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Ruger 77 30mm rings

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately

Ruger 77 30mm rings

I am totally at sea in this situation. I need a set, or pair, of 30mm matte rings for the ruger 77 with the bases milled into the receiver. The heights of the current 1" rings are aprox. .550" for the rear and .440" for the front. I have looked for a chart or anything that will give me some guidance as to the height of the extra high, high, medium and low rings so I can figure what I need. No joy.

So, can someone tell me what I need or, even better, give me a link to a chart that has the ruger ring heights?

Just one more reason why I don't like rugers.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    Why not contact Ruger & ask your questions?

Bill Ruger found that the integral base idea was stronger than add on bases. The rings,, when properly attached,, return to zero if removed & re-installed. Another good feature. No reason to dislike a well thought out quality idea, that eliminated an additional expense and made it stronger.
    And when the M77 was introduced,, there were not any 30mm scopes out there except for a very few foreign ones. Now,, the 30mm is more common.

And I do know that some of the older catalogs did have scope ring information in them. The M77 is no longer produced,, so it would not be in any current catalogs.

So, a polite call to Ruger Service can most likely get you the info you need. If not,, go to the Ruger Owners & Collectors Society Forum, and ask the question. I'll bet someone there can answer it as well.

Banned

Try shopruger.com.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Found a set of Leupold rings.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by roysha View Post
    Found a set of Leupold rings.
    Email Ruger although I see you bought Leopold. I needed a set for my 416 Ruger and was stumped so sent them an email with the serial number of the rifle. Less than a day later I got the answer for the ring height and a link for their store to the items at a good price.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy

Warne or Talley

Midway has Warne 30mm listed but call either manufacturer for anything Midway can't answer. I called Talley awhile back and they were helpful and had the 30mm rings I wanted. They tell you what height you need after you tell them what scope you are using. afish4570