Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxPBcastco
Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Remington Convertable

Remington Convertable

Some time back I bought a Remington RP45, with all of the bad reviews that gun got, I just had to try one out. I have had the gun for over a year and can find nothing wrong with it. It is accurate with cast bullets, will fed any bullet shape from full SWC to round balls. I was happy enough with the .45 that I thought I should get a 9mm as well. Not being one to rush into things, the RP9 purchase went on the "back burner". One day when I was cruising around the CDNN page looking at magazines I found an ad for a RP9 slide barrel and magazine all for $39.00, looked like a bargain to me, so I ordered the "kit".

A few days later the parts arrived, the slide came with and extractor and firing pin block in place. I borrowed the missing parts from my RP 45, put the 9mm slide on the .45 frame, loaded up the 9mm magazine and went off to try it out. It worked just fine.

I called the Remington service department and ordered the missing parts for $50.00 and change. Now I have two complete slides, to change calibre I swap slides and magazines. When I was trying out the 9mm configuration, I was using some cast bullet reloads, the Lee 125 gr. RNFP bullet over 5 gr. of Unique, these loads produced 1200fps+ average according to my chronograph.

A fun project, kind of like getting another gun for less than $100.00

Boolit Grand Master

About a year ago they were on sale for like 280.00 and had a 10 and 15 rd version in 45acp shown, reviews were so bad I stayed away. The more I see threads like you just posted the more I wish I would have jumped on it!
    Charter Member #148

Before I got the Remington I had a Ruger American .45, that just did not work out for me. I have been a Ruger fan for that last half century, that gun just did not work out for me. The Remington has been very reliable. I feel that it is a better choice than the Glock 21, the Remington is a chassis gun and shares a lot of similarities with the Sig P320.

The striker fired polymer guns are pretty much just variations on a theme. You can spend a lot more for a gun, when at the end of the day the only difference is the name stamped on the slide.