RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dillon 650 parts

I load a rates that far exceed Dillon’s like, 100 rounds in under 4 minutes, even with filling primer tubes and collators, 1000 an hour isn’t a problem but I use enough force to load not enough to destroy things if a problem occurs.

Like 38 seconds into this video, a stoppage and nothing destroyed, just rectify and continue.

Same with priming, it’s not rammed in there like it or not, feel it enter the pocket, then seat it.

Boolit Master
    jmorris you videos are always a treat to watch , you sure know how to get the most out of a piece of equipment.
    That is a sweet running press.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    I load a rates that far exceed Dillon’s like, 100 rounds in under 4 minutes, even with filling primer tubes and collators, 1000 an hour isn’t a problem but I use enough force to load not enough to destroy things if a problem occurs.

Like 38 seconds into this video, a stoppage and nothing destroyed, just rectify and continue.

Same with priming, it’s not rammed in there like it or not, feel it enter the pocket, then seat it.
    Is that bullet feeder your design? I rather like it, seems like it would handle a variety of bullets more easily than the dropper style feeders.

Boolit Master
    One of my 650s is at least 20 years old the other 10 ,I don't think I've done more than 400 rds an hour doing pistol ammo haven't timed rifle. Reloading is not a NASCAR race for me and at the rate I go I can feel any resistance which leads to a part breakage.

Boolit Bub
    I also find that bullet feeder interesting.
    My 650 is probably in the 20 year vintage too, bought it used last year. I ended up sending it out to Dillon for a full service, and man what a difference. I have broken parts, mostly indexing rings, something about my particular machine just snaps them. A rolling cam made a world of difference with that though.

The auto drive setups, like the PW and the Mark 7 or Ammobot, start at 900 per hour, as their baseline. 900 is a little slower than what he's showing here, just a nice steady pace but faster than I could maintain personally.

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    Is that bullet feeder your design? I rather like it, seems like it would handle a variety of bullets more easily than the dropper style feeders.
    The toolhead/bullet feeder was made by GSI, I made the collator. I have them for 650’s and 1050’s but they are no longer made. I prefer them to my dropper style feeders because I can retain the powder check die and still seat in one step then crimp in another.

The auto drive setups, like the PW and the Mark 7 or Ammobot, start at 900 per hour, as their baseline. 900 is a little slower than what he's showing here, just a nice steady pace but faster than I could maintain personally.
    The one above doesn’t get 1500 rounds an hour. 100 rounds in 4 minutes isn’t the end of the story as far as hourly production goes as you have to come to a complete stop to replenish the components.

How that’s done can determine hourly output.

Using a vibraprime your looking closer to 1100/hr and around 1300 using the Dillon filler.

My computer controlled 1050’s load 1000 in 51 minutes and 25 seconds and are even less work because all I have to do is keep them full and case gauge and box the rounds as they come out. That last part is something I still have to do after the fact on the manual machines vs concurrent on the driven ones. So, even though they load a bit slower, I am still done quicker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12