MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Ran the Kel-Tec SU16CA at the 3 Gun Sunday.

Ran the Kel-Tec SU16CA at the 3 Gun Sunday.

OK guys I ran my Kel-Tec SU 16 CA at the 3 Gun shoot yesterday. Once again the gun performed Flawlessly!

The Rifle Stage had us shooting at three targets at 150 to 130 yards up range.

You had to drag a tractor tire up to where you had your gun staged. Then move to a barrier and engage each target 1 Hit left to right.

Then move to the next place on the barrier and repeat . At the left end of the barrier there was another Tractor you had to roll out to the next row of shoot points. The idea being you could kneel behind the tire and use it for a rest.

I couldn't do that so I just stood behind the tire and shot off hand. I used 41 rounds to hit 27 targets all shot offhand after the barrier.

The second rifle stage was simpler. You had a mag loaded with 8 rounds. You loaded that mag into your gun and fired at the same 3 targets plus on 8" stop plate at 200 yards off a rope rest. If you missed the stop plate it cost you 15 seconds.

Then you stripped the remaining 4 rounds out of your mag and loaded a Rem 700 with a scope on it to fire at the same 4 targets again.

I couldn't get the rounds into the magazine on that gun to save my butt so after fumbling with it and clearing several double feeds I just singe loaded the gun and hit all 4 targets bing bing bing bing.

Thru out this whole day the SU16 performed perfectly no problems (Love the P mags !) and was super easy to hit with off hand. I was in the top 3 on the rifle stage.

I sucked on Pistol/ Shotgun! Sucked on Pistol part, did great on Shotgun, but shotgun was only 10 shots I used my HD gun which is only 5+1 and had to port load off the side saddle for the last 4 shots.

The Pistol part was 46 rounds! I missed a bunch of those.

Anyway it was beautiful day and a good time was had by all.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I have been considering an su16. Glad to hear they work well.