Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Ar 10 build

Boolit Master

Ar 10 build

I am interested in building a ar 10 308 win and was wandering if you guys have suggestions on where to buy and what to look for? I am not sure if I want to use stripped lower and buy parts or go another route, I would much appreciate your help.

Boolit Grand Master

AR10 are not standardized like AR15. First thing you need to decide is which magazine system to use. The original Stoner type seems to be the most common now.

https://308ar.com/ar-10-308-ar-compa...ference-guide/
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Just finished a DPMS Gen 1 build kit from CDNN. It comes without barrel. I decided on a 22" 7mm-08 stainless barrel from X-Caliber with a rifle +2" gas system. Using an adjustable gas block system from Superlative Arms. Just getting it up and running. So far So Good.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudenboomer View Post
    Just finished a DPMS Gen 1 build kit from CDNN. It comes without barrel. I decided on a 22" 7mm-08 stainless barrel from X-Caliber with a rifle +2" gas system. Using an adjustable gas block system from Superlative Arms. Just getting it up and running. So far So Good.
    It's doubtful one can get a better deal than one of their kits. Less than $400.00 is a steal. Just add a barrel of your choice.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

Boolit Master

I you don't have the tools to check headspace and torque the barrel you may be ahead to buy that part pre-assemblied. The rest is your preferences as to options. The lower can be assembled with common tools. Most all suppliers have acceptable quality.

Boolit Bub
    I bought one of those 80% ar-10 lowers.
    It was well made, kinda custom, flared magwell, etc. The first upper I put together. But I did end up with a Wilson Combat upper on it as well. I'm really pleased with the end result.

My son and I milled a lower for a 9mm pistol type AR. He had all the parts to put it together. Then he ordered parts for me to make a .223 Wylde rifle w/ 24inch barrel. The complete upper came from ( ACME Machine <sales@acmemachine.com>) That 24" barrel has 1:7 twist. I would add a question to this post asking how fast to push cast wheel weight 55 grain boolit with HiTek Old Gold in the 1:7 twist?

I should have added that nearly every place that I searched had pages and pages of "Out of Stock". one Company had 12 pages of 25 items per page with not one part available. We reckoned that because of the Pandemic, everyone has more time on their hands and are building arms.

Boolit Master

I really appreciate the help guys, Everywhere I look is out of stock.

Boolit Master

Banned

I built an 18 inch palmetto ar10 last year. Its a great shooting gun but like was said about everything on there website is out of stock right now.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I bought an Aero precision M5 complete lower Minus a buttstock direct from Aero. It was $212 shipped. I see they have a 10% off your first purchase. I believe normal price is $249.00. The Aero has an adjustment screw that removes the wiggle...loose fir between the upper and lower. I bought a complete upper from midway USA chambered in 243 Which is a bear creek arsenal branded in AR stoner. It shot six different sub MOA groups at 100 yards the first time out. I just bought another lighter 20” upper from them for $299. So for $500/$550 your in business. I’ll post a link to my test targets and gun. I own a POF P415 on the opposite end of the price spectrum as well. It dose shoot tighter groups but should for $2300.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com...Number=3209599

I love the set up with the 22 inch barrel, its just a heavy log so I ordered the 20 inch version to try I just haven’t shot it yet. The 20 inch version is about 2 pounds lighter or a hair more. The complete gun with the 20 inch upper on it feels the same way as the 22 inch upper alone. Bear creek guarantees 1 inch groups with her uppers so if you get one that doesn’t shoot you can always send it back for warranty and they’ll replace the barrel or the upper. Pretty impressive for Complete $300 AR10 uppers.

All I can say is you better but one quick before it gets closer to the election Or prices are going to get stupid.

Boolit Master

I appreciate the help!

Boolit Buddy
    bear creek arsenal has good deals on complete uppers. basically, you can't buy the parts for much less than what the upper costs assembled. i have done complete part by part builds (currently have 7 ar10's) and IMO it's a lot less hassle to just buy the complete upper. same thing with the lowers, but not so much for the ar10 vs ar15. Delta team tactical is a good source, as is Palmetto State Armory.
    Good luck

Boolit Master

I appreciate the help.

Boolit Buddy
    As mentioned not standard like the AR15 platform, if you chose one you bascially have to build on that
    there are parts out there, good luck on finding them. A quick search several popped up, most in stock
    lowers hit n miss. Your gonna find with the current climate, political, virus, general attitude out there
    right now..people are just buying anything and everything...

-Rock

Boolit Master

That is my experience also, Thanks Rock.